Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

The Rat Pack, Live at the Sands!

by Sherry Deatrick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Sure, it's a jukebox musical...but oooh, Pally, what a jukebox! We saw the show last night at the Whitney -- what fun! I really felt like i was transported to another time...when playboys ruled the free world. Yeah it wasn't all rosy back then -- there was a lot of ugliness -- but The Rat Pack doesn't dwell on that stuff. I could have sworn Nelson Riddle was on stage -- the band was that good. The singers were not pale imitations of the real ones -- they were spot on. The jokes were corny and politically incorrect, but that's what they did. The Burelli sisters generate languid heat as they shake those things around the guys. They have beautiful voices, too. One of them was a former Can Can dancer in Paris, and she moves like a cat.

"Sammy" will stick in your head the next day. "Frank's" show stopping finale will move you to tears -- it's even better than the real Frank. But my heart belongs to Dean!

The show runs through Sunday.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: The Rat Pack, Live at the Sands!

by Gayle DeM » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 pm

I have a ticket for this evening (Friday). Unfortunately/fortunately, :? my son and four grandchildren are arrive for a long (through Monday) week-end visit this evening. Therefore I will be unable to use the ticket. First person who PM's me gets the ticket for free!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: The Rat Pack, Live at the Sands!

by Gayle DeM » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Ticket taken
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck