Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

20% off tickets for Brandi Carlile and Sondre Lerche -

by Melissa Richards-Person » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:36 am

Hi all!

Full disclosure here... I am on the Board of the Louisville Orchestra... and being one of the youngest people on the Board, I have quite a vested interest in seeing this show succeed. We are trying some new means of reaching new audiences, and both this show and this discount are a way of doing so. The new BB&T "Strings Attached" series is bringing modern artists together with the "oomph" of the Orchestra...the first show, with Ben Folds, was fantastic, and the next two in the series promise to be just as cool. We want people to check this out - and hopefully build an audience - so for Tuesday and Wednesday only, the LO is offering a 20% discount on tickets for the show Saturday, Feb 21 - featuring Brandi Carlile and Sondre Lerche. If Robin will indulge me, I've posted the info below - please note, you must either call the Kentucky Center box office or go in person to receive the discount. Tickets for the show are $33 and $28, so the discount takes the tickets to $26 and $24, I think....

Here are the details. Also, for all of you who have your own blogs, please feel free to post this!

BRANDI CARLILE & SONDRE LERCHE
Saturday, February 21 • 8pm • Whitney Hall

Exclusive DISCOUNT for you and your friends!
20% OFF tickets if you buy Tuesday, February 17 or Wednesday, February 18*

1. Call the Kentucky Center Box Office at 502.584.7777
2. Mention the code word FRIENDS
3. Pick up your tickets at the Box Office Will Call the night of the concert

It’s that easy!

Brandi Carlile
Songs from her album “The Story” can be heard on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.

Sondre Lerche
Composer and performer of the 2007 soundtrack for Dan in Real Life featuring Regina Spektor and A Fine Frenzy.

The fine print: Offer only available February 17 & 18. Discount tickets will not be available day of the concert by phone or at the box office window. Offer not available online. You must call or visit the Kentucky Center box office to take advantage of this offer.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: 20% off tickets for Brandi Carlile and Sondre Lerche -

by GaryF » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 am

Melissa, good luck to you and the LO, it's never easy building an audience and even harder in this economy. I would so be there if I didn't work Sat eve, if only to help keep this series going.
I loved the article about the LO in Sunday's CJ about the mentoring program with the Youth Orchestra. I hope there will be opprotunities for those kids to show off what they were given in the future.