Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Manheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire III SAMPLER

by Kim H » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Ok, about 20 years ago, when I was 5 (lol), I was at UK, and found this cool album that I bought for 50 cents because the cover was so cool. It was Manheim Steamroller, Fresh Air III. I totally fell in love with the album, but soon switched to cassettes, the CD's ... you get the idea. My vinyl went to storage. Well, in my last apt., my albums got mulled by floods in the basement. I won't go into my woes, but I'm talking a bunch of original Beatles, Led Zeplpelin... Oouch, ouch, ouch. And I said I wouldn't go there....

Anyway, my husband and I were going through old music tonight, just listening, and I wanted to share that Manheim Steamroller album with him. I discovered them before all their Christmas bliss for the banana republic came to light. Well, the cover from my album said, 'Fresh Aire III', but when we pulled (pealed) it out tonight, I realized the album said, 'Sampler'. I had never noticed that before. I just fell in love with the album in college, and now am challenged to find a duplicate on a CD. We may be able to clean up this vinyl, and make it recordable, but I'm not sure. I can't find any versions online of this 'sampler' (guess that's why it was 50 cents). Maybe I'm stretching - does anyone have any idea on this one? We're still searching online, but I feel sad that I can't find my old album. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Kim