Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Do you like books, music, free food and beer?

by Robin F. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Then come to the INKY Event (disclaimer - I'm new on the board). Send me a PM for tickets (Tickets are a $30 donation (2 for every $50); I'll even deliver them to a mutually convenient location! :D (Sorry if this is too press release-like, it really will be a fun time)

InKY READING SERIES GOES BACK TO SCHOOL FOR 5TH BIRTHDAY - HIGH SCHOOL JOURNAL FUNDRAISER ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 7:30 pm

On Saturday, February 7, the InKY Reading Series celebrates five years of literary performance in Louisville with HIGH SCHOOL JOURNAL, an evening of melodramas and manifestos, featuring writers and readers sharing the chronicles of their adolescent angst through emotional diary entries, passionate poems and stories, righteously indignant record reviews and school paper editorials, and so much more. This benefit event will be held at the Green Building on 732 East Market Street.

The evening will feature performances by adventurer Tori Murden McClure, WFPK's Laura Shine, novelist Brian Leung, musician Brigid Kaelin, singer Mario Wales, writer Crystal Wilkinson and others with music courtesy of the Bourbon Brothers (Charles Spivey and WFPK's Michael Young of Roots n' Boots).

Clements Catering and Upland Brewing Company have graciously agreed to sponsor this event.

The InKY Reading Series, featuring quality literature and live music, has served as a platform for emerging and established writers since February 2004. The reading series is a project of InKY, Inc., a Louisville-based 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization supported by the Kentucky Arts Council and our dedicated audience. For more information on the free monthly series, visit http://www.inkyreadingseries.com.