Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Juggernaut Jug Band at Clifton's Pizza

by Heather L » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 am

Disclaimer - my dad is in the band!

The Juggernaut Jug Band is playing at Clifton's Pizza this weekend.

They play at 8:30 on Friday night and 7:30 on Saturday night. The show lasts usually until 11 or 11:30, depending on how busy it is. Come on out and eat a giant calzone while enjoying some local jug band music!

Clifton's Pizza
2230 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206

502-893-3730
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Juggernaut Jug Band at Clifton's Pizza

by Kim H » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:26 pm

We're looking for somewhere kind of casual and inexpensive to check out tonight, and this sounds perfect. But it's already almost 7:30, and we won't be heading out for a while. Could anyone tell us if it gets pretty croweded there on Fri. night pretty quickly? Just hoping for a table.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:09 pm

Kim H wrote:We're looking for somewhere kind of casual and inexpensive to check out tonight, and this sounds perfect. But it's already almost 7:30, and we won't be heading out for a while. Could anyone tell us if it gets pretty croweded there on Fri. night pretty quickly? Just hoping for a table.

Last time we were at Clifton's on a music night, it seems like it was crowded but that people were coming in and going out. I hate to be too reassuring, though, as we didn't stay until too late.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 am

We ended up going to Clifton's Pizza, and it was perfect for what we were looking for. We were exhausted from a beyond draining week, and just needed something low-key and fun. I haven't seen this band in probably 10+ years, and I had a ball! Kind of an old-timey jazz band rooted in bluegrass. Very fun. They had me smiling so much that my cheeks literally hurt, which was much needed therapy. We only stayed for one set, but it was enuf to bring up our moods. Also, the food was really good. My stomach is iffy right now w/stress and meds for a sinus infection, so I opted for a the house salad w/ham, and a pesto ranch dressing. It was a very generous salad for the price. A little light on the ham, but I still really enjoyed it. Hubby (is there where I'm suppose to say DH??) had a calzone w/his choice of toppings. It was huge! I tasted a few bites, and the flavors were really good. I really liked the crust, and want to try their pizza again. If we order a calzone again, I personally would opt to have the sauce as a dipping side. Seemed the sauce took up room where filling could be, and I'm a dipper anyway. :-) It's late, and I'm just thinking online. Bottom line, great reminder, Heather! (isn't one of those fun guys your dad? which one? they were all awesome! (guessin the new guy isn't your dad) i also loved how much fun THEY were having! please keep posting here on their gigs! they made my night!)
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Heather L » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:05 am

Oh thanks so much Kim! Sorry for my delayed response - I have been out of town for a few days and just saw this. I am so glad you made it out and had a good time! Mr. Fish - the bass player - is my dad. Yes he is also one of the silliest men that I know and I love him for that!

They play one weekend a month at Clifton's. The December weekend is the 19th and 20th. I will bump this thread again then! :D
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Heather L » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 am

OK The Juggernaut Jug Band is back at Clifton's Pizza this weekend!

Friday, December 19 - 8:30pm
Saturday, December 20 - 7:30pm

FREE

There is a good chance you will hear some of the SILLIEST Christmas Carols you have ever heard. Hope some of you can make it out! :)
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Heather L » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:39 am

I thought I would quickly let folks know - the Juggernaut Jug Band is back at Clifton's Pizza THIS weekend!

Friday, February 20 - 8:30pm
Saturday, February 21 - 7:30pm

FREE!

Come out and enjoy some great food and some great local jug band music!

Clifton's Pizza
2230 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206

502-893-3730
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Heather L » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Jug band music at Clifton's Pizza this weekend! Free!

8:30 pm Friday
7:30 pm Saturday

Clifton's Pizza
2230 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206

502-893-3730
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
(Wendell Berry)