Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

CABIN! (music)

User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:47 pm

Ok, I think I've actually become posessed by this band, and want to share. This might not be the best venue for this, but I feel I need to spread the word about this incredibly talented local band. Check them out: http://www.myspace.com/cabin It will let you listen to the entire EP, although, 'Beauty in the East End' is on their previous album, not the latest EP. It's all so good. I have no affiliation, I'd just like to share, and encourage everyone to support our local bands, especially the great ones like this! (and please keep Jim James in your thoughts while he recovers)

(For anyone into the 'Twilight' series by Stephenie Meyer, check out 'Musical Seats'. Would have been PERFECT for the soundtrack!!!)
User avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

309

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Location

Impellizzeri's Pizza

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Wes P » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm

As a matter of fact, Billy Lease the bassist, is waiting tables at the Impellizzeri's down the road from you. Just past Holiday Manor on hwy 22. I just showed him your post and he loved it. He wants you to come see him and talk music.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com
User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:07 pm

Thanks, Wes! That is so ironic though. It was running into Billy at Impellizzeri's several weeks ago that brought this band back to the top of my list! My husband actually picked up the EP for me shortly after, just cuz he knew I really wanted it : o) I've liked their music for a long time, but really being able to get it into my ears and my head has me HOOKED. You could say I have Cabin fever (sorry, I'm sure I'm not the first to use that one!) I'm glad you showed it to Billy though. He usually waits on us when we're there, and he seems like a great guy. I really want this band to succeed, and am ordering several copies of the EP to send to my music friends and family. This band is very talented, and I've fallen in love with them, so I've become their amateur promoter :D
User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:57 am

Wes - or anyone - have you got any suggestions for a good music board? I love this board for food and food-related topics, and love the 'community' feel, and would love to find something similar to talk or stalk music. I listen primarily to WFPK for my listening pleasure, but am all across the board on musical styles. Don't like much top 40, hip hop, rap, gangstah, or tear-in-the beer country in general, but if it's good music, I like it, regardless of genre. I would like something more 'adult' though. I'd appreciate suggestions!
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Posts

20613

Joined

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Location

Crescent Hill

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 am

Kim H wrote:Wes - or anyone - have you got any suggestions for a good music board? I love this board for food and food-related topics, and love the 'community' feel, and would love to find something similar to talk or stalk music. I listen primarily to WFPK for my listening pleasure, but am all across the board on musical styles. Don't like much top 40, hip hop, rap, gangstah, or tear-in-the beer country in general, but if it's good music, I like it, regardless of genre. I would like something more 'adult' though. I'd appreciate suggestions!

If you can't find a good local one, Kim, I'd consider adding a Local Music (or Music and Arts?) forum to the collection here. It would need a few good folks to give it critical mass, but it might work!
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

344

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Location

Downtown

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kris Billiter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:55 am

While we are on the subject of local bands, may I plug The Muckrakers. I've known these guys since college and they are great. They just released their new album, The Concorde Fallacy a couple of weeks ago. For you public radio listeners, they were also recently on Live lunch. Just a really good band. Check out http://www.myspace.com/muckrakers to listen to tracks off the new record or go to http://www.the-muckrakers.com for their official website, where the singer Rob is currently keeping his New Year's Resolution to bog everyday this year. Great stuff. One of the blogs caught the eye of Someone at Spin Magazine and the asked him to contribute to their back page last month. I'm not in the band but am friends with them and have been listening to them for about 11 years now. Good stuff.
User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Kris Billiter wrote:While we are on the subject of local bands, may I plug The Muckrakers. I've known these guys since college and they are great. They just released their new album, The Concorde Fallacy a couple of weeks ago. For you public radio listeners, they were also recently on Live lunch. Just a really good
band. Check out http://www.myspace.com/muckrakers to listen to tracks off the new record or go to http://www.the-muckrakers.com for their official website, where the singer Rob is currently keeping his New Year's Resolution to bog everyday this year. Great stuff. One of the blogs caught the eye of Someone at Spin Magazine and the asked him to contribute to their back page last month. I'm not in the band but am friends with them and have been listening to them for about 11 years now. Good stuff.


Great call, Kris! I too love the Muckrakers. Haven't seen them in a while, but they put on a great show. I didn't realized they were asked to contribute to Spin Mag - very cool. Thanks for the reminder, and I think I'll go ahead and pre-order Concorde Fallacy - sounds great!
Last edited by Kim H on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Kim H wrote:Wes - or anyone - have you got any suggestions for a good music board? I love this board for food and food-related topics, and love the 'community' feel, and would love to find something similar to talk or stalk music. I listen primarily to WFPK for my listening pleasure, but am all across the board on musical styles. Don't like much top 40, hip hop, rap, gangstah, or tear-in-the beer country in general, but if it's good music, I like it, regardless of genre. I would like something more 'adult' though. I'd appreciate suggestions!

If you can't find a good local one, Kim, I'd consider adding a Local Music (or Music and Arts?) forum to the collection here. It would need a few good folks to give it critical mass, but it might work!


Very cool. Thanks, Robin. I haven't seen a lot of response here, so maybe not that much interest on this board. Maybe I should check out LEO or something. I just tend to get pretty partial to this board for most things! :oops: I generally trust people who have good taste in food!
User avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1930

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Location

Shelby County

Re: CABIN! (music)

by TP Lowe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Robin Garr wrote:If you can't find a good local one, Kim, I'd consider adding a Local Music (or Music and Arts?) forum to the collection here. It would need a few good folks to give it critical mass, but it might work!


Hmmm... if you decide to add an arts board I think I know someone who can help in filling it up!
User avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Posts

20613

Joined

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Location

Crescent Hill

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:03 pm

TP Lowe wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:If you can't find a good local one, Kim, I'd consider adding a Local Music (or Music and Arts?) forum to the collection here. It would need a few good folks to give it critical mass, but it might work!


Hmmm... if you decide to add an arts board I think I know someone who can help in filling it up!

Well, it would be very easy to do, and also easy to take down if it doesn't take off. Maybe I'll do it this weekend. :)
User avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

80

Joined

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Location

Oldham County

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Steve Cecil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:01 pm

I've got a lot of band reviews I could contribute. I've been seeing 20 to 50 shows a year for the last 15 years.
User avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1726

Joined

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Location

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Kim H wrote:Ok, I think I've actually become posessed by this band, and want to share. This might not be the best venue for this, but I feel I need to spread the word about this incredibly talented local band. Check them out: http://www.myspace.com/cabin It will let you listen to the entire EP, although, 'Beauty in the East End' is on their previous album, not the latest EP. It's all so good. I have no affiliation, I'd just like to share, and encourage everyone to support our local bands, especially the great ones like this! (and please keep Jim James in your thoughts while he recovers)

(For anyone into the 'Twilight' series by Stephenie Meyer, check out 'Musical Seats'. Would have been PERFECT for the soundtrack!!!)



Thanks Kim for both blessing and cursing me with this link. This music is outstanding and fits my mood so perfectly. Stunning.
User avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

823

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Location

Louisville

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Kim H » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:09 am

Thanks Kim for both blessing and cursing me with this link. This music is outstanding and fits my mood so perfectly. Stunning.


Gotchya! Aren't they great?? I'm in the same place - blessed, and cursed. Can't quit listening.
no avatar
User

Daren F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

50

Joined

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Location

Louisville, KY

Re: CABIN! (music)

by Daren F » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:44 pm

On a local music note (no pun intended), The Roostars are going to be playing at Headliners this evening at 10:00 p.m. They will be playing the entire Exile on Main St. album as well as some other Stones' classics. These guys are extremely talented and they are always a lot of fun, especially at Air Devils when the shots start flowing. I think that the cover is $10.00 and they are having a cash prize for best costume. I am not affiliated with the band other than being a fan of their music and local music in general.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign