Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Great article about Louisville theater

by TP Lowe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:21 am

From American Theater magazine:

A Bright New Louisville
By Erin Keane

It’s a mild Monday night in mid-September, and Louisville’s intimate Baron’s Theatre is bustling. The small stage has been transformed into the sidelines of an indoor swimming pool for Theatre [502]’s production of Red Speedo, Lucas Hnath’s play about the Olympic doping scandal that premiered at Washington, D.C.’s Studio Theatre in fall 2013. Monday night is Industry Night at Baron’s, and, with cocktails in hand, a crowd of local actors, designers, directors and writers exchange enthusiastic hugs and updates on their latest shows before the lights go down. (click below for more)

http://americantheatre.org/2014/11/a-br ... ouisville/
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Great article about Louisville theater

by GaryF » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 am

When my NY friends ask me if I feel culturally deprived here in the heartland I give them a fifteen minute speech about how vibrant and accessible this city is. I only wish I had the time and money to get to as much as I would like.
I think a big shout out show go to Jon Huffman and Barbara Cullen who started Vault 1031 two years ago and have built it into an affordable theater space and rehearsal space with a beautiful wooden floor especially for dancers. They now even have a radio station. It is a gem in the Old Louisville area.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Great article about Louisville theater

by TP Lowe » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 am

GaryF wrote:I think a big shout out show go to Jon Huffman and Barbara Cullen who started Vault 1031 two years ago and have built it into an affordable theater space and rehearsal space with a beautiful wooden floor especially for dancers. They now even have a radio station. It is a gem in the Old Louisville area.

Jon and Barbara are doing great things for that area of the city (and the arts, of course). With Vault and Kentucky School of Art there is a lot of good happening south of Broadway.