Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

Mercury Ballroom

no avatar
User

Lori M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

East-End

Mercury Ballroom

by Lori M » Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 am

Has anyone been there? If the event says General Admission, and the event is at 7:30....what time do you get there? And I guess you stand the whole time? (had back surgery recently and kind of concerned about that). Any other things to do before I go?
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Mercury Ballroom

by Steve P » Thu May 15, 2014 11:23 am

Lori M wrote:Has anyone been there? If the event says General Admission, and the event is at 7:30....what time do you get there? And I guess you stand the whole time? (had back surgery recently and kind of concerned about that). Any other things to do before I go?

Lori,

Nope, no seating....it's a stand all night affair.
Last edited by Steve P on Thu May 15, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Steve P wrote:Nope, no seating....it's a stand a night affair.

Well ... take a close look at Ticketmaster and it says two slightly contradictory things:

General Rules
The Mercury Ballroom is a standing room only general admission house.

BUT:

Accessible Seating
For Handicapped Accessible seating, please call (502) 583-4555 #1 from the menu

If I were Lori, I'd give that number a ringie-dingie and see whether they can come up with something. Legally, they're required to, and asked nicely, I would think they'd be accommodating.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu May 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Accessible Seating
For Handicapped Accessible seating, please call (502) 583-4555 #1 from the menu

<shrugs>....Might be worth a try but if I'm a betting man I'm betting you prolly have to show 'em your blue Cripple Sticker before you are accommodated...As of three or four years ago that's the way she worked at the H.O.B. in Cleveland, also a Live Nation venue.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Thu May 22, 2014 2:10 pm

ADA rules for venues are an ever moving target. Since 2010, according to the Dept. of Justice, Venues cannot require proof of disability as a condition for purchasing tickets for accessible seating. Venues may re-seat a purchaser if it appears that they don't need the specific features of the accessible seat. Well I can assure you that re-seating happens or is extremely rare. Its really easy to game the system if you want and the venue has very little recourse. I work with venues across the Midwest and its a complicated subject.