Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

The Louisville Boar’s Head and Yule Log Festival.

by Gayle DeM » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:11 pm

I am sharing this because I think that there may be many readers of the LHB forum who are unaware of this opportunity.

The Louisville Boar’s Head and Yule Log FestivalSt. Paul Church is known for its annual gift to the city, often called “Boar’s Head.” This festival, presented between Christmas and New Year’s Day, December 29, 30 and 31 to be exact, portrays the spirit of Christmas in a medieval setting with elaborate costumes; festive music by choir, organ, and brass; and elegant candlelight dinners. Over 300 members of our church family serve in this ministry to some 3,000 guests from our city as we offer Christ to metropolitan Louisville.

http://www.stpumc.com/Boar's-Head-Festival.html

I have never participated in the Candlelight Dinner, but I have been to the festival several times, and I think it is not to be missed. The price for the festival is also a winner: FREE!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: The Louisville Boar’s Head and Yule Log Festival.

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

I have been to this, with and without the dinner. The dinner was not very expensive and very nice. One of the perks for the dinner was reserved seating at the front of the church.

Very nicely done and certainly worth going.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers