Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Kaleidoscope at the Galt House

by Carla G » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 am

Jason and I attended opening ceremonies yesterday for the new Kaleidoscope exhibit outside of the Galt House. Large bright and full of lots of primary colors. Shiny, flashy and colorful that's for sure. Lots of beautiful colored silks and spinning orbs. Jason, who's one year old, loved it and loudly squealed the entire way through it. Myself, well, the best way to describe it for me was when I ran into woman in her 50s wearing a heavily embroidered skirt and peasant blouse. I smiled and said,
"It's the 60s all over again."
She grinned and said,
"Yeah I guess it's true what they say about acid. You really do get flashbacks."

So yeah it was pretty but worth the $18 admission fee? I'd say nope. Maybe $10. So if they come out with coupons or free passes then in that case, yes, go see it. Otherwise a drive around some of the neighborhoods with lots of lights is just as much fun.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: Kaleidoscope at the Galt House

by Megan Watts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I really wanted to take my son because I've heard it was really cool (or at least the things @ the Galt House) but there is no way I'm paying that price.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: Kaleidoscope at the Galt House

by Paula B » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:39 am

There are discount tickets available at Chili's & Wendy's . I also understand kids under 5? are free.