Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!

Louisville Orchestra Rocks!

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Louisville Orchestra Rocks!

by Gayle DeM » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:36 am

Friday evening I was one of the fortunates is the audience of Fanfara, the opening concert of Louisville Orchestra 2010-2011, featuring Sarah Chang playing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor. The orchestra was stupendous; Miss Chang was flawless. It is a piece that I have heard many a times, including a preformance by Itzhak Perlman. IMO, Miss Chang outplayed Mr. Perlman. Her harmonics were "spot on;" the wrist of her bow arm, flexible beyond compare. With the orchestra, the ballet, the opera, Stage One, Actors Theatre and too many more to list by name, I believe that there is no other place in America of our population that can approach the excellence of our preformance art scene. :D Bravo, Louisville!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Louisville Orchestra Rocks!

by TP Lowe » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:01 am

Amen.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm

We were there too (our firm presented the Welch Leadership Award at intermission), and the performance was outstanding. Chang was very impressive.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:43 am

“Music Makes a City” movie review in the New York Times