Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

Personal observation / rant Part II

by Alan H » Sun May 30, 2010 1:03 pm

I guess this started several years ago when I went to the St. James Art Fair as we always do the first weekend in October to enjoy and observe and usually purchase artwork from local and out of town artists.
When walking thru the mazes of streets and sidewalks we come to a booth selling of all things Verizon Wireless cell phones ?, if I remember right next to that tent was a gym membership tent ?, then of course it went back to the artists tents like it should be !
Yesterday while taking my annual pilgrimage to the Belvedere for Abbey Road on the River we were walking between stages and of course at a music festival celebrating the Beatles there was a booth selling GUTTERS ! ( we ARE talking gutters for the house now ) right next to that booth was Direct T.V. of course pushing there services.
Now maybe it is just me, but when I go out to enjoy the arts when it comes to music or artists work I want to get away from the push down your throat corporate vendors :cry:
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Personal observation / rant Part II

by Carla G » Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 am

I agree with you Alan. What amazes me is that anyone would think that an investment in a booth at St James for something like gutters would actually pay off or result in any re-cooping of investment. I just don't think traffic numbers are enough to merit investment. I think the mindset must also come into consideration. But hey, that's just me.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Re: Personal observation / rant Part II

by John Greenup » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Seems to me that the organizers of the event are equally culpable (if not more so) in allowing these vendors to market their products...
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn