Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

What's your favorite local eatery brunch dish?

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:22 am

In a thread on the old forum that carried over to the new, we've been asking for your favorite local spots for an indulgent Sunday brunch.

Now, trolling for ideas for a "Favorite Restaurant Recipe" column in the next issue of <I>Food & Dining</i>, we're curious to hear about your favorite local-restaurant <i>brunch dishes</i>. If we can reach a consensus on a really great one, I'll make every effort to persuade the management to give up the recipe so I can write about how to make it at home.

So let's hear it ... obviously we're talking about something more than just "two eggs over easy" here. What are some of our city's great brunch dishes?
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Favorite brunch dish.

by Doogy R » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:25 am

I really enjoy the corned beef hash at North End Cafe. You get a large serving of the hash topped with 2 glorious eggs and a side of your choice of bread. This isn't some mushy corned beef hash either. You get large chunks of corned beef, potatoes, carrots and parsnips. The choice of bread includes white, rye or wheat toast, biscuits, muffins and maybe even more. I've included a pic but it really does this dish no justice.

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 pm

Just got back from Toast and had the gingerbread pancakes with cherry compote. I think it would have been better with a pear compote, but the pancakes were fab--and I generally don't even like pancakes. I'm totally gonna try to duplicate them.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:18 pm

Migas at North End Cafe.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Toast on Market Gingerbread Pancakes

by Deb Hall » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:17 pm

I haven't been able to try them yet, but I'd vote with Leah S. I have a good friend who says the gingerbread pancakes at Toast are the all-time best breakfast in town.

Deb
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm

I'll have to agree that Toast has a great breakfast. And for shameless promotion, their coffee is mighty fine too.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
User

Jennie Mulhall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 am

by Jennie Mulhall » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Orange French Toast & Pancakes at the North End Cafe
Popeye Omelet at Lynn's
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:22 pm

True that on the coffee at Toast. The friend who I met for breakfast was talking a mile a minute, took an absent minded sip of coffee and stopped mid-sentence and said, "Wow. That's really good coffee!" True story.
User

Natalie Stoffer

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 pm

by Natalie Stoffer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:42 pm

ok---the corned beef hash pic did it for me. North End Cafe it is this weekend.