Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Reuben pizza marks St. Pat's at Highlands Boombozz

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

boomreuben.jpg
boomreuben.jpg (74.32 KiB) Viewed 4724 times

It's a Reuben! It's a pizza! It's the Tony Boombozz Reuben pizza, available only today, St. Patrick's Day, only at the Bardstown Road Tap House. Julienne corned beef, diced tomatoes, sauerkraut and cheese on a crisp, thin Boombozz pizza crust, it really does taste like a Reuben on a pie. Love it or hate it, you've got to admire Boombozz kitchen guy Robert Mallow (also author of the recent Hot Brown pizza) for his creativity.
no avatar
User

Adam Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Reuben pizza marks St. Pat's at Highlands Boombozz

by Adam Smith » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm

No russian dressing?!

8)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Adam Smith wrote:No russian dressing?!

I'm not sure, Adam. I couldn't make it out. The melted cheese and the very mild sauerkraut blended in a saucy topping that reminded me of a dressed Reuben, but I couldn't actually tell by looking.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Robin, if I hadn't been so snowed at the office today I would have got out there for lunch.....thanks for the report....it looks rather tasty from the photo!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:27 pm

I can't wait to get in there and try a slice today after work. Thanks, Robin, for giving it a shot with an open mind and especially for your kind words about my boyfriend, Robert. He's a really hard worker with a real passion for all things culinary and I'm so happy for him that his talent is being recognized and supported by the people at Boombozz. :)
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Okay, it's me again. You all know by now that I am Robert Mallow's girlfriend, but with that disclaimer I just have to say that the reuben pizza was FANTASTIC!!! For the record, it did have a homemade Thousand Island dressing on it. I loved everything about it.

Also, I'm looking forward to the return of the "Laurita" this year! That's Robert's Mexican-inspired creation on a crispy thin crust with house-made chorizo and pico de gallo. Delicious, light, and perfect with a margarita!! (and just happens to be named after yours truly).