Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lion King, Jarfi's and Zazzu

no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Lion King, Jarfi's and Zazzu

by AshleyChesman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:05 am

The only thing more perfect than seeing The Lion King on Broadway in New York is seeing it in Louisville after an incredible dinner at Jarfi's. Six of us went tonight and all I can say is wow---the food was awesome and the costumes were extraordinary. At our table, we had anything from the Sea Bass to the Filet to Sushi to BBQ Salmon to "Chicken and a baked potato with no seasonings" (My sister has a chronic illness and is allergic to ANY preservative and MOST seasonings) They were more than accommodating, making her a piece of chicken seasoned with olive oil and rosemary (one of the few fresh herbs she can have) and a baked potato. She was in HEAVEN. Once the food got to the table, we didn't hear another peep. Since being diagnosed (in April) this was her first trip out to dinner....she'll definitely go back! My mom had the sea bass (which I ended up eating half of:) I guess I don't get to go to dinner often enough because it was one of the most enjoyable evenings I've had ina LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG time. Hats off to the cast of the play and to the team in the kitchen at Jarfi's....thanks for a WONDERFUL night!