Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Difabio's Casapela

no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: New restaurant in former Parella's building.

by Adrian Baldwin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 am

Yes, I suppose you could say we're related.

He's my father. :wink:
no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Re: New restaurant in former Parella's building.

by Sallie P. » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 am

Nice guy, I graduated with him.

Adrian Baldwin wrote:Yes, I suppose you could say we're related.

He's my father. :wink:
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: New restaurant (Difabio's) in former Parella's building.

by JustinHammond » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Peter and Laura DiFabio are proud to announce the opening of a second DiFabios in Louisville, KY to be run by our daughters, Chef Sarah and Caitlind, of whom we couldn't be more proud. Look for us at 2311 Frankfort Ave. in late March 2010.

http://www.difabios.com/index.php
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

by TrishaW » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Anyone know the opening date???? I can't wait to try it!
no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

by TrishaW » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Anyone in that area know a more precise date? I emailed the owners of the original, but have gotten no reply (2 weeks).
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:43 am

It should be open by the end of the month. I don't know a specific date, but if I hear anything more I will post it.
no avatar
User

SarahDifabio

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

by SarahDifabio » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:06 pm

This is Sarah DiFabio chef/owner of DiFabio's Casapela on Frankfort Ave. I wanted to answer a few questions that have been asked and also apologize for the delay in response.

My family and I are opening a second DiFabio's in conjunction with the original location in Madisonville, Ky. We serve traditional Italian food with an eclectic twist and plan to do the same here in Louisville.

My sister (Caity DiFabio) and I will run the Louisville location while our parents (Peter and Laura) will continue to run the Madisonville location.

We plan to open on April 6, which is coincidently one month and 15 years after we opened our Madisonville location.

My family and I are VERY excited about our new venture in Louisville. We look foward to serving you GREAT food and impeccable service. And remember when you come to DiFabio's your family!

Salute al famiglia!
no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

by Sallie P. » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:52 pm

I am originally from Madisonville...and have heard very good things about your original restaurant although I have never gotten to eat there on my few visits back to Madisonville so I am anxious to try your second location here in Louisville.

SarahDifabio wrote:This is Sarah DiFabio chef/owner of DiFabio's Casapela on Frankfort Ave. I wanted to answer a few questions that have been asked and also apologize for the delay in response.

My family and I are opening a second DiFabio's in conjunction with the original location in Madisonville, Ky. We serve traditional Italian food with an eclectic twist and plan to do the same here in Louisville.

My sister (Caity DiFabio) and I will run the Louisville location while our parents (Peter and Laura) will continue to run the Madisonville location.

We plan to open on April 6, which is coincidently one month and 15 years after we opened our Madisonville location.

My family and I are VERY excited about our new venture in Louisville. We look foward to serving you GREAT food and impeccable service. And remember when you come to DiFabio's your family!

Salute al famiglia!
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

by Stacy Roof » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:53 am

Welcome Sarah, and all the DiFabios!
Stacy Roof
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 am

Sally and Sarah, my mother grew up in Madisonville, and my Grandmother maintained her home there until her passing several years ago. Don't get down there much anymore since the Eirk side down that way is now gone. The older I get, the smaller the world gets!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

SarahDifabio

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Difabio's Casapela

by SarahDifabio » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your interest in DiFabio's Casapela. We are opening this Tuesday April 6th. We had a amazing soft opening this weekend, and we are raring to go. We appreciate everyone's support that we have received and look forward to serving the Louisville community!

Sarah DiFabio
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

by Tim Y » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am

Hello all, Tim Yunker here. I am excited to be working "with" Sarah again. (not for) We made a good team at Intermezzo cafe, and I even left a cushy CC job to join her in their new venture. I firmly believe in balance with "food and fun" and Sarah shares that mind-set. We don't work for a living because we love what we do!!!!! Her families recipies are world-class, and I know, having worked in top-notch places across the country in my 35 yrs as a chef. We have an open kitchen and you will see us laughing and joking as we prepare your meals. Good food is made happily!!!! The pricing is fair and you will enjoy eating as much as we enjoy preparing your food. Stop in and say hi, we look forward to your visit. Tim
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Please remind me: where are you? Can you provide hours and a website/menu?
Looking forward to it-
Deb
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

JustinHammond wrote:
Peter and Laura DiFabio are proud to announce the opening of a second DiFabios in Louisville, KY to be run by our daughters, Chef Sarah and Caitlind, of whom we couldn't be more proud. Look for us at 2311 Frankfort Ave. in late March 2010.

http://www.difabios.com/index.php
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Could someone let us know what the days/hours you are open? As I recall, Madisonville is only open in the evenings the end of the week. Thanks.
PreviousNext