Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Excellent meal at Lentini's

no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Excellent meal at Lentini's

by Vince Yustas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:02 pm

We went to Lentini's for the first time this Sunday and had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The menu is gigantic, and the waiter took our drink orders and suggested that he'd give us plenty of time to review it.

We started with a shrimp salad. We mentioned that we would be sharing it, so it was served on two plates: crisp field greens with a nicely balanced oil and vinegar house dressing (I get bugged if they're overly vinegary) top with 4 40-count steamed shrimp each, firm and very tasty.

I also had their chicken soup, almost stew-thick with vegetables, chicken chunks and pasta with an outstanding broth.

Mary Nell has the beef tenderloin sauteed with fresh mushrooms, button and (I think) shitake, and truffle oil. A generous portion of tenderloin was fork tender and done perfectly to the requested medium.

I had the veal t-bone, a 3/4-inch cut, again cooked perfectly and very tender, sauteed with onions, pine nuts, and garlic in a white wine sauce.

Both sauces we delicious, well balanced and not at all heavy.

Mine came with a side best described as thick-cut, cheesy scalloped potatoes -- very good.

Wine list? Don't know -- not a wine geek :? . I had a Merlot and Mary Nell a Zinfandel -- both good. You can check out their list at their website, which is a bit roundabout to get to:

http://www.makespacelab.com/lentinis/winelist.html.

Found it via MenusOfLouisville

Prices are not a back-breaker: the two meals with the two glasses of wine came to $81.00 plus a $19.00 tip for outstanding service.

This is definitely a come-back-to. As a matter of fact, just tonight, while we had a light supper at Cunningham's, Mary Nell mentioned again how much she enjoyed her meal at Lentini's.

Interesting: the waiter had to check the menus for the names of the dishes as we ordered. The input on their computer is in Italian!

PS: Robin, they have overcome your ossa buco substitution problem. It's not on the menu anymore.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 pm

sounds good, I'd like to check them out again soon, haven't been there in many years.
no avatar
User

Amy Smalley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Middletown

Lentini's

by Amy Smalley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:20 pm

I'm out here way on the East End and recently I became very excited when I heard that another Lentini's was going to open on Shelbyville Rd. next to Fresh Market where the old Buckhead Grill used to be. When I drove by there the other day, the sign says DaVinci Cafe. Does anyone know if this is related to Lenitini's or just another Italian restaurant?
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Re: Lentini's

by Vince Yustas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Amy Smalley wrote:I'm out here way on the East End and recently I became very excited when I heard that another Lentini's was going to open on Shelbyville Rd. next to Fresh Market where the old Buckhead Grill used to be. When I drove by there the other day, the sign says DaVinci Cafe. Does anyone know if this is related to Lenitini's or just another Italian restaurant?

Here's a snippet from Robin at another thread:

This was mentioned in the "Comings and Goings" section of the new Food & Dining. The new Lentini's owners are really expanding!

Here's a snippet:

"The folks who recently reopened Lentini's ... are expanding fast, with two more restaurants under the same management coming soon. They expect to open Milano Café, 962 Baxter Avenue, before Derby, following a rough battle with the bureaucrats over its liquor license. Look for a casual venue with the emphasis on pasta, and local delivery on a signature Italian Vespa motor scooter. Out in the East End, DaVinci by Lentini's, 10430 Shelbyville Road, is on the drawing boards for the former Buckhead Mountain Grill location."
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:42 pm

It's the same guys. They also opened across from Wicks on Baxter. They seem to be doing good.
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

Cafe Milano

by Matthew Landan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:18 pm

I went into Cafe Milano the other evening because a friend (the Austrian ballet master at the Louisville ballet) told me that they had brought in a chef from northern Italy named Marcello.

After confirming that he was there that evening I settled down with a gin and tonic and ordered the gnocchi Bolognese. The potato pasta was so tender, not tough or rubbery and the sauce was meaty without being chunk. Saucy yet hearty.

Definitely the best gnocchi I have eaten since living in Turin.
Ask for Marcello and you won't be disappointed!
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.