Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ratatouille

no avatar
User

Greg Gapsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:37 pm

Hills of So. Indiana

Yes, it's good; and not a penguin in sight!

by Greg Gapsis » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Caught it this weekend and loved it. Another Pixar classic.

Yes, totally improbable but animations about "taste" and combining tastes, how a good kitchen is staffed and run, even the conflict between dedication to good food and the temptation to use fame to roll out a line of commercial frozen food is spot on.

The overarching influence of the food critic, and his amazement that a restaurant could become "popular" without his imprimatur, was hilarious, as were many of the slapstick scenes during which the rat controlled his bumbling chef by pulling on his hair.

Amidst the madcap carrying on, my kids learned something elemental and true about food, exploration and culinary imagination. Finding them at work in the kitchen today making a lunch of tuna salad, coleslaw with two different dressings and a platter of cheese nachos was evidence they were inspired to explore. Their warming up tortillas filled with Nutella, in an effort to duplicate crepes for dessert, just made the case and left Dad with a smile.
no avatar
User

brian s

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:56 pm

Louisville KY

Ratatouille

by brian s » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Great movie fun, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I think I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to. I really liked the message of find what you love to do and go do it. I hope it's not glossed over on most folks. Imagine a majority of people actually loving what they do for work. Hello choir, this is the preacher. I forgot where I was.
b
Previous