Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Downtown Eats

no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

Downtown Eats

by Kris Billiter » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:27 pm

So we are going to the Lion King this Friday with 2 other couples. 4 of us are pretty open to anything, but one couple is very picky. With the 64 shutdown, we are wanting to eat downtown so we can be close to the KY center. My great fear with two picky people is that we will wind up at Hard Rock. Any thoughts or suggestions, keeping the picky eaters in mind. I thought maybe the Brostol, but I would love your input.

Thanks!

Kris
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Downtown Eats

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Kris Billiter wrote:So we are going to the Lion King this Friday with 2 other couples. 4 of us are pretty open to anything, but one couple is very picky. With the 64 shutdown, we are wanting to eat downtown so we can be close to the KY center. My great fear with two picky people is that we will wind up at Hard Rock. Any thoughts or suggestions, keeping the picky eaters in mind. I thought maybe the Brostol, but I would love your input.

The Bristol is a good pick. Plenty that won't offend picky eaters, but good choices for those who want something more interesting, too. And it's very close to the Kentucky Center.
no avatar
User

Chris Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Far East End Wasteland

by Chris Rogers » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:03 pm

1) Primo (although I haven't eaten there yet but have heard great things)
2) Melilo's (ditto above)
3) Brownings - We usually hit Brownings if we have really picky eaters in our
dinner party since they have something to please just about any type of diner. If $$ is not a factor in your decision you could also hit Brownings sister restaurant Park Place.
4) Baxter Station - although not quite downtown it's still very close, and the menu has choices for everyone. We haven't been in recently but it's always been one of our favorite spots.

Just a few ideas.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
—Mark Twain
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

downtown eats

by amy lyons » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Jarfi's is very convenient as it is in the Kentucky Center - one stop shopping with a varied menu.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Artemisia

by Deb Hall » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Do you only want to park once? Or just want it to be downtown? If the latter, how about Artemisia? Or is that too "different" for your picky eaters?

By the way- the show is amazing! We saw it the last time it was in town.

Deb
no avatar
User

Bobby R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:32 am

by Bobby R » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:40 pm

Jarfi's Bistro has a great menu and is located in the Lobby of the Kentucky Center for the Arts.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 pm

My daughter and I just went on Friday and it was AMAZING!!!!! She is 6 and loved every moment!!! WE had great seats and she was on the aisle so lots of great visuals! WE did Proof, but a friend treated us! Enjoy!!!!!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 pm

My daughter and I just went on Friday and it was AMAZING!!!!! She is 6 and loved every moment!!! WE had great seats and she was on the aisle so lots of great visuals! WE did Proof, but a friend treated us! Enjoy!!!!!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Sorry I posted twice--Proof was wonderful as well. Jeremy the GM is terrific and our waiter, Ray was fabulous! Ava had basic pasta with butter and cheese-I had the pork chop which was so rich and delicious and love the fava beans! My friend Tom had the scallops and did not leave one bite on his plate, he almost finished mine as well...great place!