Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:59 pm

There is this little place in New Albany called Wings 2 Go and they have a great sause called Bar-B-cide. It's a mix of thier suicide sauce and their BBQ. Really good wings. My son loves thier garbage fries. They are loaded w/ everything!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 pm

DeeDee D wrote:There is this little place in New Albany called Wings 2 Go and they have a great sause called Bar-B-cide. It's a mix of thier suicide sauce and their BBQ. Really good wings. My son loves thier garbage fries. They are loaded w/ everything!

Where exactly in NA is it, DeeDee? I'm not familiar with it, but I'd love to check it out.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
DeeDee D wrote:There is this little place in New Albany called Wings 2 Go and they have a great sause called Bar-B-cide. It's a mix of thier suicide sauce and their BBQ. Really good wings. My son loves thier garbage fries. They are loaded w/ everything!

Where exactly in NA is it, DeeDee? I'm not familiar with it, but I'd love to check it out.

If its the place I'm thinking about, it is in front of the Meijer on Charlestown Road....
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:18 am

Re: Les Fourquets Brooklynette.

It was available in very limited quantities, and I pre-ordered last fall or winter. The importer is B. United International -- which wholesaler handles them in Kentucky?
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 am

by Brand M » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:30 pm

Beerhouse out of Lexington. Unfortunately, they do not carry a lot of B. United's portfolio. No De Dolle, Fantome, Alesmith, or many many obscure belgians I could sell..I will say there American Micro's are impressive.They are the only B.United distrubutors in KY.I think you guys have 3, I may be wrong.Heidelburg actually carry's the Brooklyn products in KY ,one of three beers they carry. Slim pickings sometimes.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:34 pm

It works both ways. Brynt carries the D & V line, which none in Indiana will touch. St. Bernardus, anyone?
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:42 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:It works both ways. Brynt carries the D & V line, which none in Indiana will touch. St. Bernardus, anyone?

tis the beauty of living on the river?

...am i wrong gentleman?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:20 am

Living on the river ... or in this case, bootlegging.

BTW, that was "Bryant", of course. My "a's" and "e's" are sticking on the home keyboard. Evidently spilled coffee or beer on it.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

John Lisherness

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The Highlands

website

by John Lisherness » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:59 am

BTW-
CarlyRae's has been added to MenusOfLouisville.com
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brand M » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:47 am

"BTW- CarlyRae's has been added to MenusOfLouisville.com."
Thanks! I appreciate it John!I will certainly send people to the site.

"tis the beauty of living on the river?"

Agreed Ethan,UPS Hub doesn't hurt either. Now we just need to invest in single engine plane and start bootlegging some west coast gems to east *wink*.

"It works both ways. Brynt carries the D & V line, which none in Indiana will touch. St. Bernardus, anyone?"

Yes, but St. Bernardus is one of the hardest to get beers on their list.I've ordered it 4 different occassions.Still yet to see it. I am promised the end of this month it will be in my hands!! St. Bernardus is the closest I can get to having legal Westvleteren 12. Have you had Cuvee Diabolique? It's a belgian triple that I can get my hands on.I've never tasted nor seen it anywhere.
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Brand McGowan wrote:Oh by the way, Here is the line up I'm going to run tonight on the beer tasting.Starts at 10 and ends at 1. These are all truly rare beers.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Yuengling Traditional Lager
New Glarus Unplugged -Enigma - Oak aged belgian Lambic
Olfabrikken Porter -Norwegian
Alesmith Numbskull -Barley Wine
Duck Rabbit - Baltic Porter
Fantome' Black Ghost -Belgian

Sorry, if I posted twice.My browser at work is very screwy.

Oh my god, Yuengling?!?!?! Was that a one-time thing? I haven't been checking this board recently; we've been traveling. Honestly, the others sound good, too, but I have been DYING for some lager. We actually just came back from a trip to PA, but our car was absolutely stuffed and there was just no way to fit in a case of lager...

I actually have a restaurant.com coupon for you guys, and I've been meaning to use it. I'm definitely coming in now!
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brand M » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey Holly, Yeah I know the feeling.I have a couple of cases of Yuengling Lager,Black and Tan, and Porter at a family members house in FL.I had to leave them because of luggage and other beer. Thought they would be in town for Derby but they couldn't make it.So my beer is stranded in FL.

Every weds. we do beer tastings of my choosing from 9 P.M. until 1 A.M.No matter how late or early you are,you will most likely get to try all of them.I try to bring the best and most rare beer I can find or locate.I still have a Westvleteren 12 left that I'm going to throw in the tasting very soon.Just waiting for a special occassion.We also run beer specials on 90% of my stock ,$5 off chimay for example.Anything critically low I don't put on special however.I think I may have a lager left. I know I have a Yuengling light, it will be yours to take home when you make it down.
Previous