Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Craig Foster

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am

Stephen Foster Restaurant in Bardstown

by Craig Foster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 am

My dad ate down there last weekend and absolutely loved it. Anyone have an experience to share?
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:29 pm

There is also a good BBQ place in front of it...I think it is called Hog Wild BBQ...
no avatar
User

Sallie H

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Sallie H » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:43 pm

I am from that area. Stephen Foster is usually a place the older crowd likes a lot (when I say older, I mean retired). I have personally never eaten there.

Other restaurants in Btown:
Java Joint - I eat lunch here at least once a week. They have the soup/half sandwich combo is my staple. The soups are different every day and I have yet to not like one.
El Camino - If I had to move to another state, the thing I would do on every trip home is to eat at El Camino (or El Jimador, both owned by same man, both have mostly the same menu). This isn't a food-snob type of place, but for Mexican done by Mexicans, this is the best. And the service is great.
Hunan - I eat lunch here rather frequently. Not the best Asian restaurant ever, but definitely the best in Nelson County. The hot and sour soup there is my favorite of any hot/sour soup I've tried. Good for lunch, not so much dinner (cheap - entree w/rice, eggroll, and soup from $3.50-$5).
Kreso's - New in the last 3 years or so. They renovated an old theater and sometimes have dinner theatres. You can rent out the theatre room, and I've only been here for events (company parties, Chamber events, etc) so I've only had buffet style dinner. The food is okay, the atmosphere is great, the service is hit-or-miss.
BJ's - bar/restaurant. The food is suprisingly good. I lived here for so long and wouldn't eat there because it kind of looks like a dump on the outside, but I've gone back several times.
There are more that I could give opinions about, but these are the highlights.
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Matt B » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:29 pm

robert szappanos wrote:There is also a good BBQ place in front of it...I think it is called Hog Wild BBQ...

I also liked Hog Wild but unfortunately it has closed. I did find I really nice BBQ joint off Lebanon Junction Exit. Forget the name but it was really good.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Hog Wild

by Gary Guss » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 am

Hog Wild is open, they just moved right next to the Pilot station at the I65 Lebanon Junction exit. They have a buffet at lunch during the week.