Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Lookig for a fluent speaker of ... Korean!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:16 pm

Anybody here speak Korean or have a close friend or family member who does?

Reason I ask: I just recently got a box of wine made in Korea (really!) and would love to set up a little dinner at one of the Korean spots around town and try to get them to allow us to open the wines and taste them with an appropriate Korean dinner.

I think to do this well is going to require the intervention of someone who can speak the language well, though.

Could be an interesting "offline" option, if a few of us are interested (and adventurous) enough to want to try some of the new wines that Asia is just starting to put into the world market.

If you can help, or have any ideas how we can make this happen, post here or, if you prefer, contact me by E-mail,
rgarr@louisvillehotbytes.com
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:23 pm

The Korean couple who run Choi's on Lyndon Lane have been helpful to me in the past regarding some Korean receipes, I imagine they would help with your translations.
On a recent trip to China my companions were amazed by the good quality of some of the wines being produced- I hope the Korean are just as good.
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:10 pm

My sister is engaged to a Korean, but they're in Atlanta. It's fun to eat out when he visits though.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Korean Speaker

by Deb Hall » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Robin,

Are you still looking for someone? I may have someone to suggest.

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Korean Speaker

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Are you still looking for someone? I may have someone to suggest.

Deb, I have one guy working on it, but stay tuned ... if we do any kind of an offline or gathering, the more Korean-Americans the better! :)
no avatar
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm

I, too, know several Korean speakers in town if you still need someone.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Charles W. wrote:I, too, know several Korean speakers in town if you still need someone.

Thanks to you too, Charles. I do have one guy working on an arrangement, and if a possible Korean food and wine "offline" emerges, it'll be open to anyone who's interested, certainly including Korean-speaking friends.