Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Welcome!

User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:12 pm

::: crossing fingers :::

::: wishing very hard to be a foodie :::

I suppose I should say something relevant here.

Ethan, your website looks GREAT.
but the desserts you are making look even better!

someday I'll get down to the Oakroom. Probably before I go on my culinary tour of Spain, I suspect.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:18 pm

Megan Johnson wrote:
I suppose I should say something relevant here.

Ethan, your website looks GREAT.
but the desserts you are making look even better!

someday I'll get down to the Oakroom. Probably before I go on my culinary tour of Spain, I suspect.

Thank you.

It's been a bit of a work in progress.
I'd been using another blog for my food/work stuff for the past few years.
I ran across a few blogs through wordpress.com and really liked the format - it was a bit more of what i was looking for to begin with.

I got most of the major formatting of the page done a few weeks ago, but never got around to posting any entries until last night. I plan/hope to keep it pretty regularly maintain with at least updates as well as ideas that are being thrown around.

The majority of those plates are from my Asiatique days - I haven't even been at the Oakroom a month yet.
More are likely to come in the coming weeks, once things get rolling.
I really need to get a new camera, the current one i have tends to only work sporadically, hence the wonderful camera phone quality photos.

Thank you again.
And I can ensure you that when you do make it in; you'll have an incredible dining experience.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:23 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:It's been a bit of a work in progress.
I ran across a few blogs through wordpress.com and really liked the format - it was a bit more of what i was looking for to begin with.

I already built you a link from LouisvilleHotBytes, by the way. We use WordPress (our own installation, on Iglou) for the main site ... good pick. It's hard to choose between WordPress and Movable Type (which we also use for some products). They're both very powerful content management software.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:It's been a bit of a work in progress.

I already built you a link from LouisvilleHotBytes, by the way. We use WordPress (our own installation, on Iglou) for the main site ... good pick. It's hard to choose between WordPress and Movable Type (which we also use for some products). They're both very powerful content management software.

Overnight, and I'm borderline syndicated. Haha. j/k.

I suppose i should should say thank you(?)

The only mishap I've had with it so far was using html code while writing an entry, and it formatted all weird. So i ended up just using the built in coding tools.
That, and i have to seriously scale down the images i post on the entries down to 400x300 pixels, to keep it visible in the frame.
I still need to play around with it a bit more, and figure out/learn all the features it has and is capable of... It's an entirely different format that what I've used before...
It's almost too user friendly and idiot proof!
Which I hope will enable me to do some really cool stuff with it graphically and content-wise.

I suppose i should quit rambling now, huh?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Robin,

Forget I even mentioned the price of sod. I don't want to have my own what's the frequency, Kenneth moment with some one who looks and speaks like Max Von Sydow. This conversation never took place and I'm still at home.....yeah...still at home. :shock:
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks for all your hard work, Robin. Your efforts truly are appreciated.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:44 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:The majority of those plates are from my Asiatique days - I haven't even been at the Oakroom a month yet.

rats.

Asiatique is actually in the realm of affordability for me, too.

oh well.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Megan Johnson wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:The majority of those plates are from my Asiatique days - I haven't even been at the Oakroom a month yet.

rats.

Asiatique is actually in the realm of affordability for me, too.

oh well.

If it's any help...
I'm pretty sure the dessert menu in place right now at Asiatique is the last one i wrote. All my recipes and plate ups and i trained my replacement.
Most everything was on par when i left.

So if you've got an itch, it's still there as an option for the time being.

Have a look here for the menu:
Asiatique Menus Online
Ethan Ray

User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:03 pm

I do remember going there once with my Pops for a meeting and trying a variety of SCRUMPTIOUS sorbets.

although, they were so pretty to look at and presented so elegantly that it sort of hurt my heart to attack them with a spoon.

I got over it, needless to say.
Last edited by Megan Johnson on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:06 pm

Megan Johnson wrote:I do remember going there once with my Pops for a meeting and trying a variety of SCRUMPTIOUS sorbets.

although, they were so pretty to look at and presented so elegantly that I it sort of hurt my heart to attack them with a spoon.

I got over it, needless to say.

Don't let it hurt your heart too much.
I'd be out of a job if no one ate them.
Ethan Ray

User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

scenic Germantown

by Megan Johnson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:14 pm

good point.

but I'm primarily a visual artist, so I do hate to mess up things that are nice to look at.

fortunately for you, I'm also the biggest glutton I know.

speaking of, if you guys EVER need a guinea pig to test recipes on, I'm totally available.
no avatar
User

Javier Cendejas

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Wonderful

by Javier Cendejas » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:01 am

This is wonderful Robin. Congratulations and thanks
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

Love the new forum!

by Chris Dunn » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am

Thanks Robin! Huge improvement!

-Chris
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Going Public

by Doug W » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:08 pm

I really like the new site - navigating is much easier.

Still getting used to being listed as I lurk...

Cheers,

Doug
User

Jim Battle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:31 pm

by Jim Battle » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Love the new format Robin, thanks! :)
PreviousNext