Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Worst beer out there?

no avatar
User

David L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Hanover, IN

by David L. » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm usually open to new and unusual beers, and sometimes I find a winner, but every now and then, I come across something so vile I literally cannot finish it. The worst to date? Xingu Black Beer from Brazil. Pretty label, interesting bouquet, hideous flavor. Not good cold, can't be good warm.

And I'd have to put National Bohemian up there, too. I spent a lot of time in Baltimore when a friend was at Johns Hopkins, and for the first year or two, all he and his friends drank was Natty Bo. They learned quickly why a lot of the locals nicknamed it "Battery Acid." Seriously.
no avatar
User

Ryan B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Re: Worst beer out there?

by Ryan B » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:42 pm

It definitely looks like Fall City is no more. I just received this from one of the folks at Seidenfaden's. RIP Falls City..

...Well, the Falls City manufacturer went belly-up a month or two ago, and though Mr. Heck, the Seidenfaden's proprietor, grabbed up the last supplies of our beloved watery swill, our supply is near exhaustion. There is little chance that there will be any Falls City left in the state of Kentucky after this Wednesday night's Karaoke Torture Session....

Please do not fear all you who love Falls City. While there have been certain supply issues due to Pittsburgh Brewing's disputes with their sewer company and resulting bankruptcy, I have it on good authority that before the end of July, Louisvillians will be able to once again enjoy a frosty Falls City . Apparently, their impending demise has been averted. Pittsburgh has or is ramping up their production on all their brands. Once they get Iron City inventories built up they will move on to things like Falls City and Sterling. The balance of the universe will soon be restored.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:10 pm

The karma wheel spins again and from the makers of "Old Red Eye".
no avatar
User

Jim G

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 pm

worst beers

by Jim G » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm

I must comment on two beers listed. Sterling may have been a bad beer in a bottle or a can, the the ultra fresh drafts at the old S&H on Armoury for sixty cents were nothing short of sublime. Also, real Genesse ( not the cream ale ) was pretty good! ( not green )

My list 1. Top Hat
2. Pabst
3. Keystone
4. Old Dutch
5. Fyfe & Drum
Previous