Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What is your favorite Ice Cream?

no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Tue May 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garica are two of my favorites...

I recently tried a pint of Graeter's Bourbon Ball and enjoyed that experience...I was impressed that Graeter's uses Woodford Reserve in it's Bourbon Ball ice cream...
no avatar
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

by Carolyne Davis » Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm

Ray W. wrote:Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garica are two of my favorites...

I recently tried a pint of Graeter's Bourbon Ball and enjoyed that experience...I was impressed that Graeter's uses Woodford Reserve in it's Bourbon Ball ice cream...

Graeter's is then trying to catch up with Valentine's, who has had a line of Bourbon ice cream for years. Valentine's is made in Kentucky and, to the best of their ability, uses Kentucky products in their ice cream. A number of our area restaurants use Valentine's as their house ice cream. Good stuff! Fav store brand flavors: Blue Bell Banana Split or Breyer's Caramel Pretzel! YUM!
no avatar
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Blue Bell Banana Pudding

by Ned Weatherby » Tue May 29, 2007 11:18 pm

I juat had some Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream on a recommendation and it was very addictive.
Good Eats
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue May 29, 2007 11:23 pm

homemade ice cream is my favorite.

my friend Lori makes incredible bourbon barrel stout ice cream and strawberry banana.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Lori Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

by Lori Cundiff » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 am

Thanks, Amy! I'm anxious to experiment more with my ice cream freezer this summer. Does anyone out there have any must-have homemade ice cream recipes I should try?
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Wed May 30, 2007 9:27 am

Valley Dairy Freeze which unfortunately is going the way of the do-do.
no avatar
User

kati.b

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Prospect, KY

YUM!

by kati.b » Wed May 30, 2007 10:22 am

Brian Curl wrote:Melissa, if you like the BR chocolate peanut butter you might give this one a try that you can get a the stores, usually two for $5 or so for a pint, it's the BOMB! It is very rich and I love this combination.

Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream

start with our legendary chocolate ice cream, made with premium Dutch cocoa. swirl in ribbons of creamy, smooth peanut butter. then experience an almost irresistible blend of flavors as the robust peanut butter complements the classic chocolate in every delicious mouthful.

My favorite is also Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins so I immediately went to Kroger when I saw this post about the Haagen Dazs. It's the best ice cream I've had in a long time. I could have ate the entire pint.

Kati
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Wed May 30, 2007 10:57 am

Amy Hoover wrote:homemade ice cream is my favorite.

my friend Lori makes incredible bourbon barrel stout ice cream and strawberry banana.

Is that because your friend Lori probably has a secret source for uncut Bourbon Barrel Stout? I've had Lori's BBS ice cream and it is wonderful. She makes a really nice Dark Star Porter ice cream as well. (hope I have the right Lori)
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Wed May 30, 2007 2:07 pm

i love the german chocolate cake ice cream from homeade pie kitchen... yumm!
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed May 30, 2007 2:26 pm

My favorite is also Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins so I immediately went to Kroger when I saw this post about the Haagen Dazs. It's the best ice cream I've had in a long time. I could have ate the entire pint.

Glad to turn you on to it Kati. It's one of my favorites, so rich and luxurious and the combination can't be beat for peanut butter and chocolate lovers.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Wed May 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Is that because your friend Lori probably has a secret source for uncut Bourbon Barrel Stout? I've had Lori's BBS ice cream and it is wonderful. She makes a really nice Dark Star Porter ice cream as well. (hope I have the right Lori)

Why yes, I think you are correct. She's a sly one with her secret (ahem...) source for uncut Bourbon Barrel Stout. Mmmm....I wish I could have some right now.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Wed May 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Blue Bell - Banana Pudding

I recently had that, and it is the shiznit! It's like Mom's homemade pudding, turned into ice cream. Highly addictive stuff.

On edit: Didn't see Ned's post before mine... honest! Wow, it must really be it for us both to think the same.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Allison T

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:03 pm

by Allison T » Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm

I recently had the Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream and ate almost the whole container in 3 days... My hubby was mad. I really enjoyed it when I put the magic shell chocolate sauce on top...Yummy!

As Grater's goes I love their Black Raspberry Chip, Coconut Almond Fudge, Peanut Butter Chip.

Around Valentine's Day I crave Baskin Robbin's Love Potion 31

Ben and Jerry's has an Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream that has chocolate chips and chunks of the baked Oatmeal Cookies.

Can you tell I LOVE ice cream?
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 pm

Magic Shell on Blue Bell Banana Pudding... now that sounds wicked... in a good way! Nummy. :D
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Lori Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

by Lori Cundiff » Wed May 30, 2007 9:24 pm

s that because your friend Lori probably has a secret source for uncut Bourbon Barrel Stout? I've had Lori's BBS ice cream and it is wonderful. She makes a really nice Dark Star Porter ice cream as well. (hope I have the right Lori)

I've been busted! The Dark Star was good, but that uncut Bourbon Barrel Stout really did turn out some fine ice cream! I didn't even really expect to like it, but it was addictive!! Does the secret source still exist? I might be willing to share some final product in exchange for some super special ingredient later this summer!

On a more on-topic note, if buying ice cream out, I only crave Graeter's. I'm a big fan of anything with their chocolate chunks in it. I've never had another ice cream with chocolate chips that was able to keep them so soft and smooth even while frozen.
PreviousNext