Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Seviche's Ridiculous Appetizer

by Linda C » Sun May 27, 2007 9:50 am

How's that headline? We had our anniversary dinner there last night. From experience, I ordered the mussels in broth as an entree (with salad) and we split the mushroom empanadas. For an amazing $10 you get THIRTY FOUR....that's right, we counted, 34 perfectly seasoned steaming mussels in a broth you want to drink from the bowl or soak up with the bread. YUMMY. Do the math, that is 33 cents a mussel. This is a DEAL. IMO, the best appetizer in town. GREAT meal....all that and Abbey Road made for the most perfect evening. Matthew was also an excellent waiter.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Sun May 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Hey Linda! Glad you enjoyed yourself.That was a little to much,but I guess it was your lucky day.There should be about 18 to 20 per order,but we were really slammed last night ,so it was a bit of a mistake. Anyways, I'll get on my boys tonight about food cost. Just kidding! Buen provecho!
Last edited by Anthony Lamas on Mon May 28, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm

OOPS...shouldn't have said it! LOL! Consider it an anniversary present and even half that many still would have been a great deal. You were slammed last night- great to see you doing so well, you really deserve it.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon May 28, 2007 4:21 am

Linda, thank you for the compliment about Matthew. It's always nice to share with our beloved coworkers positive notes set in the archives of cyberspace. He really is such a good one, as is Jennifer, whose style of service came into question on this forum recently, but I didn't have a chance to repond quickly enough before it became old news and Anthony delivered the only response necessary. But...what I would have said is that not everyone "gets" personalities that are so far outside of the norm in upscale service, however her unique flames rise high when it comes to nuturing the needs of our guests, albeit her methods occasionally a touch tacky. She is, on SO many levels irreplaceble and I'll bet a buck that some of the forumites here with unknown faces but familiar Seviche palates know her and would attest to such. Again, thank you, especially for the opportunity to speak up on behalf of my friend, coworker, and Anthony Lamas' establishment which employs us.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Anthony Lamas » Mon May 28, 2007 6:29 am

I concur! Very well said. I have been blessed with an amazing group of employees.Jackie, you should feel very proud of the team you put together.Like I always say "a great Chef, is only as good as his team" and they are GREAT! Were closed today and I'm taking the whole staff to Blue river for a canoe trip,all 48 of them. Plus some guest and a few ex-employees. They Rock! I love you all and thanks for your hard work.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Mon May 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Anthony Lamas wrote:Were closed today and I'm taking the whole staff to Blue river for a canoe trip,all 48 of them. Plus some guest and a few ex-employees.

Hope you guys have a blast.

I ran into Jackie and crew last night (while they were stocking up), and she invited me along... but alas, i owed my mom some 'manpower' on a landscaping project for her birthday (was on oaks), and for mothers day.

we're not done yet, but the pond is almost filled!

hope everyone has a great holiday!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Seviche

by Heather Y » Mon May 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Anthony
I love Seviche and you are a talented chef, so please do not take this the wrong way. I have read a couple of your posts and each one of them referred to your staff as "boys". One even was " kitchen boys" I am sure that you employ young men, and adult men.

I cannot help but to respond to the term, It comes across as a bit offensive and I am wondering if your staff has ever taken issue with the phrase.

I hope you and your staff enjoyed a well deserved trip on the river.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Anthony Lamas » Mon May 28, 2007 9:44 pm

We had a blast! I guess it's a West Coast thing. My "homeboys" the "boyzs". Most of them have been with me for 5 to 7 years and all are a little younger then me( kitchen that is). But your right they are men or "soldiers" as we sometimes say. Then we have the ladys too. They are like my sisters.I grew up with three sisters and no brothers.No one offended though,were like a big family sometimes.Hope you had a good day off Ethan.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Blast

by Heather Y » Tue May 29, 2007 12:33 am

Okay I get it.

Glad you had a good time, and it was really nice of you to do that for
your crew!

Hope to be there soon!
no avatar
User

Clay Wallace

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:27 pm

louisville

by Clay Wallace » Tue May 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Hey Anthony careful with the "soldiers" comment, you might upset someone else......Just my two cents, there are a slew of people that would love to work and learn from you and Im sure they'd be proud to be called your "boys" or "soliders". Some people just dont understand the closeness of the kitchen boyz
no avatar
User

Matt F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Louisville

Re: Seviche

by Matt F » Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 pm

Heather Y wrote:Anthony
I love Seviche and you are a talented chef, so please do not take this the wrong way. I have read a couple of your posts and each one of them referred to your staff as "boys". One even was " kitchen boys" I am sure that you employ young men, and adult men.

I cannot help but to respond to the term, It comes across as a bit offensive and I am wondering if your staff has ever taken issue with the phrase.

I find this funny. Not in a derogatory manner, though.
But because the word 'boys' is one of the least offensive words I've heard over the years to describe one's fellow colleagues in the kitchen.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

~Tom Waits
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:44 pm

Talk about consistent. Had another fabulous dinner at Seviche Saturday night. Unfortunately, on my first visit I totally fell in love with the Churrasco's d' Argentina and have only strayed from that choice once (I'm sure there are other items I'd love but this dish just calls to me). My first bite the other evening reminded me why...... it's just beefeaters heaven. My GF had the Blue Corn Talapia and loved it. Thanks Anthony!
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:51 pm

We're going on Friday. I can't wait!
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Anthony Lamas » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 pm

Glad you enjoyed! Buen provecho y muchas gracias!
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

by Sherrie G » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:29 am

I'm excited to try Seviche. I'm hoping that my hubby and I can celebrate our 15th anniversary there this evening. Anyone know if it's easy to get in without reservations?
Next