Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Pleasure to meet you today, Andrea. The sour cream coffee cake didn't survive the short ride home! That is very good stuff! Thanks again.
no avatar
User

Hilary N.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Meyzeek Farm's Market

by Hilary N. » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Hilary,
Have you been to it before? I really hate to discourage people from what is a great attempt to bring a market to this Smoketown area, but since the posting was asking for the BEST markets, I have to chime in. My daughter goes to Meyzeek, and we went to this market last year looking for vendors. It was probably the smallest market in town with very little in the way of specialized product/produce. Great source for that neighborhood, but if I was looking for a Farmer's Market to travel to, this wouldn't be it (Sorry, Jerry).

Deb

I have not been to it, but the farmer that we do our CSA with, Adam Barr, has excellent produce. I totally understand what you are saying. I guess I was just throwing it out there for those interested. The farmers involved are really trying to get the word. Sorry for not making that more clear.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Meridian at the Market

by Heather Y » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:12 pm

With permission from Robin.... Meridian Cafe just firmed up their space at the Beargrass Christian Church Farmers Market!

We will be there from 8AM till 10am serving breakfast items such as stuffed french toast, fruit salad, and more!

These items are a pre-cursor for Meridian's breakfast menu ready to launch on September 2nd!

Come and fuel yourself, and support our local farmers, cheesemakers, and bakers!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Oldham County Market

by Deb Hall » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 am

Rick,

Thanks so much for the lead on the Lagrange/Oldham County Market. I took my 3 year old on a road trip to it on Saturday and we really loved it! Nowhere near as big (or crowded) as Bardstown Road market, but a great place and great conversations with the farmers/baker/cattleman. Much easier to take a small child to. From a food miles perspective, most of the vendors I talked to are truly very local ( living in LaGrange or a couple of miles away). Yes, I know I drove to Lagrange, but that's about as far for me as Bardstown Road.

Didn't get to try Andrea's creations, but they looked wonderful. Excellent fresh-dug new potatoes- I really had no idea that the flavor/texture would be that different. Tomatoes are starting to arrive...

Anyway, I highly recommend it and LaGrange as a quick road trip to those who don't live as close, combined with a trip to Norma Trackside or one of the other restaurants for lunch. (Take 146 - Lagrange Road) at least one of the directions- it's a great little drive.

DEb
Previous