Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Velocity visits Culver's Butterburger

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity visits Culver's Butterburger

by Robin Garr » Sat May 26, 2007 8:37 am

Velocity takes its "Two for $30" shtick to Culver's Butterburger this week, and reviewer Lisa Hornung seems only slightly impressed ... this is one of those instances where a rating would be nice, though it's apparently against Velocity's policy to award them. (I checked out Culver's a couple of times after its arrival, intrigued by forum reports, but was under-impressed by the thin, greasy burger and cheese curds that were just as Lisa described them, firm and un-melted.)

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070523/VELOCITY01/705230874/1065]<B>Food & Drink</b>
Two for $30
A taste of the Midwest comes to town[/url]

<b>Culver's</b>
4630 S. Hurstbourne Parkway
(502) 671-2001
http://culvers.com
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sat May 26, 2007 10:51 am

This place is about two miles from me. The food is decent. BUT, they have brought really good frozen custard to the area and I am glad about that. That is their niche if you ask me. Now, I can get some frozen custard in my neighborhood instead of the place in St. Matthews. And it is just as good if not better.

And it was obvious from the review she really liked the custard.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat May 26, 2007 11:17 am

Brian Curl wrote:they have brought really good frozen custard to the area and I am glad about that. That is their niche if you ask me. ... And it was obvious from the review she really liked the custard.

Good points, Brian! Now that you mention it, I liked their custard, too.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sat May 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Yes, custard is not just not an after thought there, I've got in marked down as a destination spot for yummy custard all summer long.

They have a lot of toppings/flavors you can add into the concrete, even peanut butter. I am a peanut butter lover and tried it in the custard and it was very good.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Why, why, why, do I always check this forum BEFORE lunch? Anyways, Culver's does have fantastic custard. I love their daily custard specials, too. My favorite thing to get is the caramel sauce with pecans. It's divine. Now, I'm positively salivating. ;)
no avatar
User

Gina-Schmitz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 am

Louisville

by Gina-Schmitz » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:26 pm

I am from WI and Culver's are everywhere - my favorite custard is the "Just Drummy" & "Chocolate Covered Strawberry".

Try the cheese curds - they are good too - if you like fried cheese, that is!