Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Moe's

no avatar
User

Daniel Raines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

by Daniel Raines » Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Can't say that I am a fan of Moe's, Qdoba's or Chipotle. I don't get the whole burrito thing. I am more of an Enchilada type person although I will eat at Qdoba and do like burritos from Santa Fe Grill.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:WELCOME TO MOE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That keeps me from going in the place. Totally stupid, especially if your waiter stops and yells.
no avatar
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Re: Moe's

by Lonnie Turner » Thu May 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Melissa S wrote:The service was obnoxious because as I am ordering and asking questions the server kept shouting out "Welcome to Moe's" to the people coming in the place. We are vegetarians and I ordered my sons the kids meal (soft taco) which comes with chicken or meat and I asked for beans instead and she was going to charge me because it was an extra-

Melissa,
I've been to three or four different locations in a couple of states and they don't all, or don't always, hammer with the "Welcome to Moe's".
Also, one of their 'meat' options is tofu and that is the reason I eat there sometimes. I usually get The Other Lewinsky, whatever I get is always with tofu. I've never been in any other Mex or SW inspired place with tofu and that, along with seitan or tempeh, will keep me coming back to anyplace. BTW, I do eat meat, though not all the time. I like to have veggie options.
no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu May 24, 2007 8:01 pm

We tried Moes when the new location opened in Clarksville. I think it was the 2nd week of business and the place was filthy! It was really gross. The food was not any better. But we love Qudoba!
no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Thu May 24, 2007 8:02 pm

We tried Moes when the new location opened in Clarksville. I think it was the 2nd week of business and the place was filthy! It was really gross. The food was not any better. But we love Qudoba!
no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Thu May 24, 2007 9:42 pm

Is La Rosita in Clarksville, near the corner of Blackiston Mill and 131?
Have you hugged your penguin today?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Bedford Crenshaw wrote:Is La Rosita in Clarksville, near the corner of Blackiston Mill and 131?

No. It's in New Albany at 1515 E. Market St., in a nice old commercial building a few blocks toward Clarksville from downtown. It's authentic Mexican, but more "bilingual" and easy for Anglos than most of the Eastern Boulevard taquerias.

LouisvilleHotBytes La Rosita review
Previous