Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Moe's

no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Moe's

by Melissa S » Wed May 23, 2007 8:03 pm

Went there tonight with my 2 young boys for the first time and thought it was terrible. The service was obnoxious because as I am ordering and asking questions the server kept shouting out "Welcome to Moe's" to the people coming in the place. We are vegetarians and I ordered my sons the kids meal (soft taco) which comes with chicken or meat and I asked for beans instead and she was going to charge me because it was an extra- she didn't charge me for the beans after I complained, but did charge extra for sour cream which was .79 cents for a teaspoon size amount. I also thought the food was awful. The salsas tasted as if from a jar and the soft taco tortilla was very cold as if it just came out of the fridge. This was in the Middletown location (I was on my way to traffic court). On our way to the court I noticed a small Mexican restaurant with a sign that read 'authentic mexican food' and wish I saw that place first.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Wed May 23, 2007 8:15 pm

I don't like Moe's either, but we did eat at Qdoba tonight. I like their naked burritos.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Moe's

by Doogy R » Wed May 23, 2007 8:16 pm

Melissa S wrote:Went there tonight with my 2 young boys for the first time and thought it was terrible. The service was obnoxious because as I am ordering and asking questions the server kept shouting out "Welcome to Moe's" to the people coming in the place. We are vegetarians and I ordered my sons the kids meal (soft taco) which comes with chicken or meat and I asked for beans instead and she was going to charge me because it was an extra- she didn't charge me for the beans after I complained, but did charge extra for sour cream which was .79 cents for a teaspoon size amount. I also thought the food was awful. The salsas tasted as if from a jar and the soft taco tortilla was very cold as if it just came out of the fridge. This was in the Middletown location (I was on my way to traffic court). On our way to the court I noticed a small Mexican restaurant with a sign that read 'authentic mexican food' and wish I saw that place first.

Not the experience I've ever had at the Hurstbourne location, but sorry you had that bad one there. I love Moes, but admit the "Welcome to Moe's" gets annoying. The staff at the aforementioned Moes I visit is great and the food is too. We all know how food service establishments can have lapses in quality and service be they a chain or local. :D
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Naked.

by Doogy R » Wed May 23, 2007 8:16 pm

Amy A wrote:I don't like Moe's either, but we did eat at Qdoba tonight. I like their naked burritos.

I like naked period.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 pm

I have to agree, my wife and I have never liked eating at. Not only do we find the foods taste not to our liking but every time we've eaten there we've both had slightly upset stomachs afterwards which we have attributed to some type of herb they use.

I also agree that what they charge for 'Extras' is exorbitant and the constant shouting gets on your nerves.

On the other hand we both really enjoy Qdoba and feel that it has better food and service.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Wed May 23, 2007 9:30 pm

My kids love tacos and we frequent Qdoba and Bazo's often and are always satisfied with our meals there.
no avatar
User

Bedford Crenshaw

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 18, 2007 12:12 am

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Bedford Crenshaw » Wed May 23, 2007 10:48 pm

I'm thinking about going to Qdoba's. How expensive are they?
Have you hugged your penguin today?
no avatar
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

not that expensive

by Ned Weatherby » Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 pm

I think about 5-7 for a good sized burritto overall a decent priced place. I like the queso and poblano pesto burrito
Good Eats
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Bedford Crenshaw wrote:I'm thinking about going to Qdoba's. How expensive are they?

It's fast food, not a destination restaurant. Expect to pay more than Mickey D's, but as Ned said, depending on size and ingredients, a very large burrito is going to be in the $5 range. It's hard for me to see any way that a couple wouldn't get change back from a $20.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Thu May 24, 2007 9:18 am

Service is hit and miss at Moe's since it's a chain especially. However Their food is still light years better tasting than Q-Cilantro. Hell I like Cilantro and Q-doba uses way too much of that. Plus as I've said before I can at least get tofu on my burrito at Moe's. Q-doba sure doesnt offer that.
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Thu May 24, 2007 12:17 pm

no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

Re: Moe's

by John R. » Thu May 24, 2007 12:20 pm

Melissa S wrote:Went there tonight with my 2 young boys for the first time and thought it was terrible. The service was obnoxious because as I am ordering and asking questions the server kept shouting out "Welcome to Moe's" to the people coming in the place. We are vegetarians and I ordered my sons the kids meal (soft taco) which comes with chicken or meat and I asked for beans instead and she was going to charge me because it was an extra- she didn't charge me for the beans after I complained, but did charge extra for sour cream which was .79 cents for a teaspoon size amount. I also thought the food was awful. The salsas tasted as if from a jar and the soft taco tortilla was very cold as if it just came out of the fridge. This was in the Middletown location (I was on my way to traffic court). On our way to the court I noticed a small Mexican restaurant with a sign that read 'authentic mexican food' and wish I saw that place first.

Why would they charge more for just beans? That makes no sense at all. It's the least expensive ingredient on the menu.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 24, 2007 12:51 pm

WELCOME TO MOE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu May 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Bedford Crenshaw wrote:I'm thinking about going to Qdoba's. How expensive are they?

Think non-chain instead. La Rosita's springs to mind.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:

Think non-chain instead. La Rosita's springs to mind.

or, using a different criteria, just think "better". La Rosita's still springs to mind.
Next