Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Volare/Saffrons

no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Volare/Saffrons

by Sallie P. » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Two of my very favorite restaurants are no longer part of Louisville Originals. I hope all the other great restaurants that are part of it are not going to follow suit. Havana Rumba dropped out a while back..and they don't seem to be adding any new ones...what is the problem? Thanks.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Volare/Saffrons

by Steve Shade » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 am

sallie p. wrote:Two of my very favorite restaurants are no longer part of Louisville Originals. I hope all the other great restaurants that are part of it are not going to follow suit. Havana Rumba dropped out a while back..and they don't seem to be adding any new ones...what is the problem? Thanks.

We were at Volare last night and asked this question. Barry, the bar/wine manager, explained that the problem was with the rewards card and not necessarily the gift certificates. It seems that the cards can be manipulated by servers to add large amounts of points to the cards without purchases. He also said that Varanese and Porcinis had also dropped out for that reason. I am not sure of the specifics.

Speaking only for Volare/Saffron; they WILL accept any gift certificates that anyone has in their possession.

BTW, Volares' service and food were great as usual.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers