Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

KY State Fair Food

no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Re: KY State Fair Food

by Eliza W » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 pm

I think the best place for fair food is...Vietnam Kitchen. Sorry. I love street vendors. The octopus guy in Queens is one of my all-time favorite foods. But giant turkey legs? Corndogs slowly congealing under the heat lamps? I'll pass.

Also, it's hard to eat with all that smoking. My favorite was two older ladies pushing an even older lady WITH AN OXYGEN TANK. All three smoking in front of a child's ride. Directly in front of a sign asking them not to smoke in the kid's area. That's got to be a healthy environment to grow up in. It did not exactly make me want to grab a funnel cake.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: KY State Fair Food

by Heather L » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 am

Megan Watts wrote:
Heather L wrote:
Megan Watts wrote:I could be mistaken - but I believe that band was The Juggernaut Jug Band. One of the older guys is my dad - Mr Fish on the bass. For anyone else heading out to the fair this week, they play EVERY day in the "Q" tent from 11:30-3:10.

That's exactly who they were and we enjoyed me immensely! I loved that they played a Doors song. Do they play anywhere else?

In town, they play once a month at Clifton's Pizza on Frankfort Ave. Their next weekend there is Sept 11 & 12.

And shameless plug - if you like their sound, please consider coming out to the National Jug Band Jubilee on Saturday, Sept 19th. It's at the Brown-Forman Amphitheater on River Rd. It's FREE!!! We will have 9 bands from across the country and even one from Japan this year. Plus local food and BBC beer for purchase. http://www.jugbandjubilee.org
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
Previous