Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

by Fred Kunz » Fri May 25, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm supprised Browning's isn't on the list.looked pretty busy tonight with the Bat's game
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 25, 2007 9:49 pm

Fred Kunz wrote:I'm supprised Browning's isn't on the list.looked pretty busy tonight with the Bat's game

Fred, as stated, we boiled down about 300 restaurants that provide outdoor service to about 50 top picks - Brownings was on that list - and then sweated blood knocking those picks down to the 25 that we considered super-worthy.

I'll take personal credit (or blame) for making the judgment calls that led to the final list, but basically it came down to the opinion - when push came to shove - that the Hall of Fame list had to be something more than just tables and umbrellas on the sidewalk. That's a tough call for Brownings since they have a BIG sidewalk, but as I aid, we had to make some difficult decisions.

And of course, that's also why we put in the "other" category for write-ins. :)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Alfresco Dining: Vote for your favorites!

by Robin Garr » Tue May 29, 2007 9:51 am

Robin Garr wrote:Alfresco Dining: Vote for your favorites!

We're wrapping it up pretty soon ... if you haven't voted yet, do it!
no avatar
User

Chad Dowell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 15, 2007 10:12 am

New Albany, Indiana

Vote

by Chad Dowell » Wed May 30, 2007 4:20 pm

When is the voting going to end on this?
Chad Dowell
Lopp Real Estate
Commercial Sales and Leasing
812-949-6160 ext.- 118
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Vote

by Robin Garr » Wed May 30, 2007 4:23 pm

Chad Dowell wrote:When is the voting going to end on this?

Maybe never. :)

I don't usually cut off these polls ... just let 'em go on. But insofar as I'm looking for reality checks on the city's favorite patios/alfresco spots for a <I>Food & Dining</I> article, I think the trends are already pretty much clear.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed May 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Can you add the write in's on the main poll? I was going to vote for Ray Parella's and BBC both

Irish Rover, Grape Leaf, Ray Parellas, El Mundo...

Someone write in Java, Sari Sari, and Genny's!

Hey, maybe we could have a foodie quiz on Louisville restaurant history. The winner could get a gift certificate.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 30, 2007 5:19 pm

MarieP wrote:Can you add the write in's on the main poll? I was going to vote for Ray Parella's and BBC both

Irish Rover, Grape Leaf, Ray Parellas, El Mundo...

Someone write in Java, Sari Sari, and Genny's!

Hey, maybe we could have a foodie quiz on Louisville restaurant history. The winner could get a gift certificate.

Marie, it's too late to add more, and as I said, we did come up with the original list after extended research and heated discussion. ;) El Mundo is on the list, by the way.

Your restaurant history quiz sounds like a lot of fun, and I'll bet one or more of our restaurant people would be willing to donate some kind of gift cert (buy one meal, get one of same or lesser value, or a free dessert, or something like that). Tell me more about what you've got in mind, and maybe we can make it happen!
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Vote

by David Clancy » Wed May 30, 2007 6:13 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Chad Dowell wrote:When is the voting going to end on this?

Maybe never. :)

I don't usually cut off these polls ... just let 'em go on. But insofar as I'm looking for reality checks on the city's favorite patios/alfresco spots for a <I>Food & Dining</I> article, I think the trends are already pretty much clear.
Bummer......I've run out of people to call!! Now I'll have to really start voting for me over and over again...............
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Thu May 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Your restaurant history quiz sounds like a lot of fun, and I'll bet one or more of our restaurant people would be willing to donate some kind of gift cert (buy one meal, get one of same or lesser value, or a free dessert, or something like that). Tell me more about what you've got in mind, and maybe we can make it happen!

I thought maybe there could be questions like "Bardstown Road restaurant that used to be located where Cafe Lou Lou is about to move in to" or "The name of the reknowned chef who recently left the English Grill."
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Alfresco Dining: Vote for your favorites!

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:36 am

Robin Garr wrote:Alfresco Dining: Vote for your favorites!

<b>Click here to vote</b>

<b>Click here to see how others have voted</b>

Bumping this up for one last shot for anyone who hasn't voted yet!
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 am

it just occurred to me that Ramsi's isnt on the list... their new-ish patio is fab! maybe it got disqualified because its partly covered... but for me its the best of both worlds! outside sun with overhead fans- cant beat that.
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

grape leaf

by Ellen White » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:29 pm

I really like patio dining at The Grape Leaf. Their patio is covered by vines, so it's pretty shady everywhere, but not too shady.
Previous