Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bus pans are a turnoff

no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Bus pans are a turnoff

by Ellen P » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:19 pm

I notice bus pans. I am a little bothered by seeing them in the dining room for busing tables.
At the Bristol on Main Sat., outside, there was one right by a table at the front fence. We sat across from that table so the bus tub was visible. (Very nice service. My usual food from the Langtry's menu: green chili wontons, artichoke fritters, and the Calif. club salad.)
I remember at Mazzoni's - the one time we went to the new location - there was one near an entrance. It was behind the booth that we sat in.
Am I being too picky?
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

Re: Bus pans are a turnoff

by Kyle L » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 am

I don't see anything wrong with bus tubs as long as they are kept out of sight and free of dishes. Having a bus tub filled with dishes is the same as having the dishes stacked up in the same location. People just need to remember the tub is not meant to be used as a garbage can.

Attempting to bus a larger table without a tub is difficult when people don't pre-bus the table. And, that's not always their fault. So, yes, I see your concern, but don't believe bus tubs should be removed.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: Bus pans are a turnoff

by Mark Head » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:53 am

The very topic makes me think of Denny's, Jerry's, or Schoney's.