Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Buffalo Bahn Mi at Basa's?

no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Buffalo Bahn Mi at Basa's?

by Eliza W » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:09 pm

I was looking through some old Bon Appetit magazines in a recycling frenzy, and the "BA Foodist" column mentioned the buffalo bahn mi at Basa's as one of his favorite items.

I really like Basa's. I have no recollection of ever seeing one, though it sounds great. Anyone know about this?
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Buffalo Bahn Mi at Basa's?

by Steve Shade » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Eliza W wrote:I was looking through some old Bon Appetit magazines in a recycling frenzy, and the "BA Foodist" column mentioned the buffalo bahn mi at Basa's as one of his favorite items.

I really like Basa's. I have no recollection of ever seeing one, though it sounds great. Anyone know about this?

from the Basa menu on the website ..Banh Mi and Burger

Banh Mi roasted pork, Vietnamese salami, pickled root vegetables, liver pate, cilantro, cucumber, jalapeños, crispy baguette, fried lotus root 9
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Leah A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Elizabethtown

Re: Buffalo Bahn Mi at Basa's?

by Leah A » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I had it a few months ago for lunch. I don't recall it being buffalo but it was quite good and had a nice drizzle of truffle oil on top. I've been craving it since but haven't had a chance to get back.