Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Carly Rae's

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Carly Rae's

by Robin F. » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Just wanted to post a quick note about our lunch today at Carly Rae's. I called my husband this morning to tell him it was "take your wife to lunch" day. He was surprised about the holiday :D , but readily agreed. He chose Carly Rae's and it was a great choice.

I had the shrimp po'boy and it was yummy. Plump shrimp, spicy flavorful breading, w/sweet potato fries and a great concoction for dipping. I asked for something spicy and the server (owner?) brought me a cup of his own secret dip (ranch dressing, siraichi and I think he said Worcestershire). Yum!

Jeff had the special Buffalo Buffalo, bison burger with buffalo sauce, pepper cheese and a nest of onion straws, served w/fries. He enjoyed it and it passed the "would you get it again" test.

We were late, about 1:15 and the place was pretty empty. We'll go back!
no avatar
User

Tim Whalen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Carly Rae's

by Tim Whalen » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:59 am

Come on the weekends for live music, and good food, of course, on the patio from 7 to 10pm. I'll be there tonight and Tyrone Cotton will be there Saturday.
Some of the nicest people in town work there.
no avatar
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

Re: Carly Rae's

by Antonia L » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:31 am

I'm so glad that place is still alive and kickin'. I have only had good food and good times there. And the half price wine bottle special on Friday nights is pretty great, too. I am now motivated to head over to their patio. Inside is good, but the (pretty large and accommodating) patio is gorgeous. A rare opportunity to dine al fresco in beautiful Old Louisville.