Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: A new path for The Patron Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 pm

This Email just in. I'm afraid what it's saying is that The Patron is closing on Frankfort Avenue except for catering, and will open at an undisclosed time at an undisclosed location. Am I reading this right?

A new path is set for The Patron Restaurant

Established in 1999, The Patron has remained true in offering Louisville local, organic cuisine for over 10 years. Chef Amber McCool would like to thank all patrons sincerely for their continued support in growing her business. She has exceeded her goals and has now set her focus on a new location in Louisville. While preparing for this new venture, the catering and wholesale operation will remain in intact as well as calendared and hosted events at The Patron's current location on Frankfort Avenue.

You can be involved during this exciting time of transition by joining the mailing list and following The Patron on Twitter and Facebook.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: PR: A new path for The Patron Restaurant

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Didn't we see a similar PR release not that long ago -- same hook, in that now that we've succeeded, we'll be closing?

The Patron's a cool place, but that's some highly suspect writing.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Amber catered our wedding 6 years ago, and at the time was expanding her catering business and planning on opening a second location. Later she decided not to open the second location- I don't think there was anything sucpicious in that change of strategy- just a realization that she'd be spreading herself too thin.

I wish Amber and her staff the best in getting a new location off the ground- the food at The Patron has always been exceptional and I'm sure if she decides to do something new, it will be just as exceptional.

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:The Patron's a cool place, but that's some highly suspect writing.

I have no idea who wrote this release, individual or company, and I have nothing but respect and best wishes for Amber.

That said, this is why I'm so down on PR in general, and poorly executed PR in particular: It insults our intelligence.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 am

Maybe the PR was done "in-house"
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 am

Robin Garr wrote:I have no idea who wrote this release, individual or company, and I have nothing but respect and best wishes for Amber.

That said, this is why I'm so down on PR in general, and poorly executed PR in particular: It insults our intelligence.

100% agreed on both counts, Robin.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm

I think Robin's interpretation is correct, unfortunately. I've heard mention of this possibility in the past couple of weeks. Let's hope Amber is up and running in a retail location soon. I just can't afford to cater enough parties to enjoy her craft.