Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Greetings and Salutations.........

no avatar
User

J Dylan

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:59 am

Greetings and Salutations.........

by J Dylan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:51 am

I created a new topic because I do not wish to make "New Albanian Brewhouse Bad Experience" continually appear at the top of the list. Since, I think this establishment is "money", I do not want to help foster a "Bad Experience" related to this estsablishment.

Nimbus Couzin....thanks for the PM and post. You are clearly a classy guy, which admitedly, at times I am not. You mentioned I was overly critical on 2 establishments. What was the second establishment? I will 100% stand buy my comments that Ramsis is terrible. I wouldn't make that statement on one experience. Though 3 horrible meals there = me thinking that place is terrible. I'm unclear of the second establishment that I was overly critical of.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Greetings and Salutations.........

by Nimbus Couzin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:31 am

J Dylan wrote:I created a new topic because I do not wish to make "New Albanian Brewhouse Bad Experience" continually appear at the top of the list. Since, I think this establishment is "money", I do not want to help foster a "Bad Experience" related to this estsablishment.

Nimbus Couzin....thanks for the PM and post. You are clearly a classy guy, which admitedly, at times I am not. You mentioned I was overly critical on 2 establishments. What was the second establishment? I will 100% stand buy my comments that Ramsis is terrible. I wouldn't make that statement on one experience. Though 3 horrible meals there = me thinking that place is terrible. I'm unclear of the second establishment that I was overly critical of.

J,

Yeah, the other one I was talking about was Ramsi's. And you did explain why you were so disappointed with them. I fully respect your opinion. Hey, if the food isn't good, it isn't good. Simple enough. However, I have been there many times and have had above average to very good experiences each time.

My main thought on why our experiences there have been different is that your complaints seemed to be on meat dishes. I'm a vegetarian, so I'm eating completely different menu items than you. Ramsi's has dozens of dishes that can be made vegan even (I'm vegan). So it is almost as if we're eating off of different menus, so perhaps it is impossible to compare. I feel they are very strong in their vegetarian and vegan menus.

The only other thing I can think of would be to ask what time frame you dined there. That could have an impact, as kitchen staffs do change, etc.

Cheers
Dr. Nimbus Couzin