Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

The pizza that's named after me

by Laura T » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm

You guys should hurry over to the Boombozz Taphouse and try the new pizza that's named after me, "The Laurita!" :D
My boyfriend is a kitchen manager there, and this is his special creation.

"A fresh summery pizza
Avocado cream sauce topped with fresh house-made chorizo sausage and fontina cheese cooked to perfection then topped with a fresh cilantro pico de gallo and crushed tortilla chips all served on a crispy thin crust."

It's been going over great apparently. I must say, it really is delicious! It's not on the menu, but the servers are supposed to be telling everyone about it. Cheers! :)
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

Re: The pizza that's named after me

by Jessie H » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:49 pm

how sweet! sounds like a yummy pizza, too!
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:05 am

Awww...

As adorable as that is, the pizza still sounds great. I'll try and grab it sometime this weekend with my girlfriend.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:45 pm

I hate to be the lone dissenter here and no offense to Laura (it's also my wife's name), but that people are really doesn't sound very good to me. I'm more of a traditionalist and believe a pizza should always have red sauce, mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choosing have long as they are traditional ones such as, pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, etc. I've tried many of the more unusual ones and have always been disappointed, even by some of the award winning ones from BoomBazz's!

Of course I also like a lot of my other foods in the traditional way such as chili has to be red without pasta in it etc.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:27 pm

No offense taken. Different strokes for different folks!
no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:39 pm

I like the basic sausage or 'roni and cheese, but I'm open minded. This one sounds interesting.

While we're at it, I wonder what other forumites' namesakes pizzas would look like?

Hmmm.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Awwwwe! Now I want a pizza named after me. So I was thinking.

This is a question to the forumites. If you were a pizza, what would you be?

The Leannizza would be......Very thin crust, red sauce, sausage, mozz, banana peppers, fresh basil and roasted garlic.

Edit: And it could only be eaten if you have a beer in hand.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Mine would be hand-tossed crust, tomato sauce, mushrooms, black olives, banana peppers, italian sausage, garlic, mozzarella, and parm, and fresh basil cut up on top after it comes out of the brick oven.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

by Len Stevens » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:56 pm

Pizza Len-take a small suckling pig, remove it's hooves, slather it in spicy marinara sauce, stick a ball of fresh made mozz' in it's mouth, and throw it on top of a wood fired thin crust! PC? Not so much, but damn tasty!
Len Stevens II
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Len Stevens wrote:Pizza Len-take a small suckling pig, remove it's hooves, slather it in spicy marinara sauce, stick a ball of fresh made mozz' in it's mouth, and throw it on top of a wood fired thin crust! PC? Not so much, but damn tasty!
YES!! (ball of fresh mozz is a nice touch too)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Len Stevens

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 6:30 pm

Louisville

by Len Stevens » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 pm

David Clancy wrote:
Len Stevens wrote:Pizza Len-take a small suckling pig, remove it's hooves, slather it in spicy marinara sauce, stick a ball of fresh made mozz' in it's mouth, and throw it on top of a wood fired thin crust! PC? Not so much, but damn tasty!
YES!! (ball of fresh mozz is a nice touch too)

Thanks Dave! I, of course, digress to you for beer recommendations!
Len Stevens II
no avatar
User

Ray G.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Highlands

by Ray G. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:41 pm

annemarie m wrote:pizza, anna. this is a white clam pizza, they serve this back in new york. 3 cheeses, asiago, peccorino, parmigiana, lots of garlic, dripping in olive oil and chopped clams, and fresh basil. named after the owners wife anna, but i like to think my good friend who owns this pizza shop, named after me. :D

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! My mouth was watering while reading that description. Where is this fine NY pizza joint?

Signed,
Pavlov's Dog
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Marsharizza: Hand-tossed crust, the tiniest coating of marinara, fontina, parm, fresh mozz, shiitakes, artichoke hearts, bacon, roasted garlic and roasted red peppers.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

by Carolyne Davis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Ohhhh, the Carolynezza would be thin crust spread with pesto, topped with pancetta, fire roasted tomatoes, fontina, parmesano reggiano, sauteed shitake mushrooms, then cooked in a wood fired oven and drizzled with garlic infused EVOO. AAAAhhhhhh! :P
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Marsharizza: Hand-tossed crust, the tiniest coating of marinara, fontina, parm, fresh mozz, shiitakes, artichoke hearts, bacon, roasted garlic and roasted red peppers.

DAYUM, girl! I'll be over about 5ish tomorrow evening on my way home from work to pick that up to go. I'll bring a box from work.

That sounds so good.

The Richizza would be hand tossed crust, thin coating of marinara pizza sauce made from plum tomatoes, ramp leaves, pepperoni, a few banana peppers, deeply covered with fresh mozzarella cheese and baked until quite bubbly. Serve with a side of pepperonchini.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
Next