Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

Re: Will you drink beer in a box?

by Paul Mick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 am

David R. Pierce wrote:While we are on the subject of swill; when Miller triple hops their beer do they use three hops or do they cut one into three pieces? Just curious.

I've always wondered about this myself. :wink: My opinion is that they use 3 hop cones/1000 gallons or so. Just a thought.

Alan H wrote:Maybe put a cork in it when you are done ?

I can definitely think of something this guy could put a cork in! :D

Nimbus Couzin wrote:I bet you'd let him in Roger. You're too good of a host. It'd be an educational moment.

I agree Nimbus. Why shun the poor man when we can make a convert out of him! :wink:

Nimbus Couzin wrote:Sort of like Obama with the prof and the cop tonight, talking over some beers.....(microbrews hopefully)....

Unfortunately, if you check the thread that Leah posted, you'll see that the brews are most definitely not micro. In fact, two of the three aren't even domestic! So much for change we can believe in! :D
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:41 am

David R. Pierce wrote:While we are on the subject of swill; when Miller triple hops their beer do they use three hops or do they cut one into three pieces? Just curious.

I think they use three hop cones for the bittering addition during the boil. Then they skip flavor or aroma additions. (or maybe they put one cone in for each of those two). And we're talking 100 barrel batches here.

Just kidding of course.

Most of the stuff you hear in adverstising, while couched in truth, is straight up marketing. Like "cold-filtered." I mean every brewer in their right mind filters their beer while it is cold. What, are you going to warm it up after it is done fermenting so you can filter it? Hahaha.....So EVERY brewer (that filters) cold filters. Just like most brewers add hops three times (bittering, flavor, aroma). Etc, etc...marketing.

Miller is a quality product though, in the sense that it is clean, free of contamination. I just don't like the american lager style.

Cheers....
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
no avatar
User

Eric Holloman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:31 pm

by Eric Holloman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

I have an idea why don't they just put beer in a pouch, like those milk pouches you had in school. That'd be great! :\ <-------------------sarcasm.
"Good people drink good beer" -Hunter S. Thompson-
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Nimbus Couzin wrote:Miller is a quality product though, in the sense that it is clean, free of contamination. I just don't like the american lager style.

That's really the one thing I find admirable about American macros. They manage to produce untold thousands of barrels every year, and it always tastes exactly the same. Their quality control is astounding.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
Previous