Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Le Gallo Rosso

no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Le Gallo Rosso

by Brad Keeton » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:15 am

Just a quick tip of the cap and thanks to Le Gallo Rosso. We went last night with my wife's mother, two sisters, brother-in-law, and their two young children, and the restaurant executed flawlessly even with a large group and children. We all shared the spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, and the special prawn alfredo dish, some salads, and a nice Malbec. The food was excellent (there is crack or something in that red sauce), and the service was attentive and personal.

A special thanks to our waiter, whose name is now eluding me (Jon, maybe?) for being so good with the two children.

If you haven't been, especially since they expanded and reopened, check it out. The food is really top-notch, the ambiance very comforting, the portions huge, the prices great, and the service has always been excellent. Our servers have yet to fail to get a laugh out of me.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Le Gallo Rosso

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Good review, Brad, thanks. I've been delinquent about getting back since they expanded, but with the big gap left by Melillo's, Il, er, Le Gallo Rosso seems like a contendah for those craving immigrant family-Italian fare in a cozy atmosphere.
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 am

I would really like to give this place a try. Do they have a website? Thanks. DD
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 am

Derrick Dones wrote:I would really like to give this place a try. Do they have a website? Thanks. DD

http://www.legallorosso.com/

It's a little flash heavy/hard on the eyes, but the information is there.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:
Derrick Dones wrote:I would really like to give this place a try. Do they have a website? Thanks. DD

I hate websites like that. Hard to read and basically irritating. Somebody made to much money off of her.

Fortunately, the restaurant is great.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Steve Shade wrote:
Brad Keeton wrote:

I hate websites like that. Hard to read and basically irritating. Somebody made to much money off of her.

Ditto that.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Mark Head wrote:Somebody made to(o) much money off of her.

Ditto that.[/quote]
I don't care for the style of the site much either ... the movies and music don't help communicate, and for me they don't do a good job of reflecting the style of the restaurant. But cost? Look at the Website credit at the bottom of the page and click through for details, and you'll find it's a very modestly priced Web service:
http://www.sitecube.com

(Now, if a local consultant bought this inexpensive service and charged her a big markup, that could be a whole 'nuther story. But we don't know this.)