Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sully's Saloon

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Sully's Saloon

by JustinHammond » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Has anyone been to Sully's Saloon on 4th Street? I'll be eating there Friday night and I am wondering what I am getting in to?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sully's Saloon

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Has anyone been to Sully's Saloon on 4th Street? I'll be eating there Friday night and I am wondering what I am getting in to?

I hope someone with more recent experience can help you, Justin. I checked out most of the Fourth Street Live places early on, and my recollection of Sully's, for better than worse, puts it in the same general category with O'Charley's, Rafferty's, other "upscale casual" chains with significant bar traffic. I hope I'm remembering it right ...
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Sullys food is actually pretty decent. Much better than o'charleys or applebees or those type of restaurants. It shares a kitchen with Makers Mark tavern. So if you get the ribs at sullys its the same exact ones you would get at Makers, its all the same cooks and prep, just different menu.

Now with that said, the menu is typical bar food. Nothing too exciting. Mostly people go there to drink...heavily. Not for the food.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm

I was going to say...I've been to Sully's a few times. I don't remember ever eating anything. :lol:
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:10 pm

The food was not bad at all, it was actually really good. I had the strip steak w/ blue cheese and it was flavored and cooked perfectly. The club, chicken salad, wings, and egg rolls were also well received.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/