Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

Zanzabar - nice bar - doubt I'll eat there much

by Matthew Landan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Went into Zanzabar last night to check them out. Great space, love the Tron game (got my initials in 3rd and 9th place), decent beer list (nothing too special and only one deal - $6.50 22oz. bottles of Arrogant Bastard Ale - which is a great price!)

I had a z-burger and it was ok despite asking for it to be cooked medium rare on the rare side and it came out medium. I like the bun they used and they grilled some onions for me which was nice. The pickle chips were not generic either.

The one problem I had was this - the burger comes with chips or fires. I subbed potato salad. On the receipt I was then upcharged $2.50. I was not informed by the waitress that there would be an upcharge and I had assumed that it would be included in the price of the burger.

The potato salad was good but not $2.50 worth of good. When I asked her about it she informed me it cost "a little" more than fries and chips.

My group also had another burger, wings and a Ruben (which had cole slaw and not sauerkraut on it).

Decent enough experience but nothing special. The bison burgers and potato salad at Juanit'a's Burger Boy is much much better and half the price.

Still I'll look forward to drinking Arrogant Bastards when I'm over at the Zanzabar for a show or late at night. Great remodel and fantastic beer garden. Good luck to them!
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.