Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Equus

no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Equus

by Michelle R. » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 am

After my experience there last night, I HAD to post.

My husband and I went to Equus to celebrate our 13th anniversary. I had heard a lot of good things, so I was very anxious to see if it lived up to the hype. It did.

Let me start with the staff. James, the maitre' d, greeted us warmly at the door, and walked us to our table. We were made to feel welcome the second we set foot in the place, and Sarah, our server, was AMAZING!

The food was PERFECT. I started off with crab cakes, and my hubby had the mushroom fume'. Both were unbelievably delicious. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but I think I could have eaten a gallon of that soup. For the actual entree, I had the prime beef filet w/asparagus and fingerling potatoes, and he had the diver scallops. The beef was a PERFECT, melt-in-your-mouth medium rare. I tried the scallops, and they were delicious, which is no small feat, because I HATE scallops. For dessert, Sarah brought us out a piece of chess cake, which, like our dinner, was delicious. Not too sweet, not too rich, and just the right amount for 2 people.

All in all, it was an absolutely perfect night, thanks, in large part to the staff at Equus. Thanks for making our night so special!

If you haven't been to Equus, make it your next stop on your "places to try" list!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: Equus

by Dean Corbett » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Michele,

Thanks a million, and your right Sara is awesome, I am lucky to have her, glad you enjoyed your evening and thanks for your kind words. Chef Deano
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Dean Corbett wrote:Michele,

Thanks a million, and your right Sara is awesome, I am lucky to have her, glad you enjoyed your evening and thanks for your kind words. Chef Deano

We've been in Equus twice recently, once with our friend Lucinda for a review visit (Voice-Tribune) and once for a non-review social evening of food, wine and fellowship with a good-size group of friends. Both times it was right on ... a landmark for over two decades and still one of the city's top eateries. You've gifted the city with something special, Deano, with Equus, Jack's and now with Corbett's.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I agree. I can't wait to go back. A perfect evening, from start to finish. Your staff are a class act, indeed, Chef Deano! :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"