Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Great night-out downtown

no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Great night-out downtown

by Brad Keeton » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 am

My sister-in-law is in town for about a week, so a group of us went for a night-out downtown on Saturday. She went to college here but has been in Philadelphia for the past few years, so we wanted to take her to some of the happening downtown restaurants.

We started at Z's Fusion for cocktails, and, as usual, we taken great care of in Stephen D's able hands. Everyone enjoyed his recommendations, and I was privileged to try his new creation, the Barnyard. A combo of old-world wine, bourbon, and peaty Scotch, it was one of the better cocktails I've ever had.

From there we headed to 732 Social for dinner. It was bustling as usual, but luckily we had an 8:00 reservation and sat with no wait. The cocktails and meal were every bit as good as our first trip there, including a great cheese plate, the daube of short ribs, streak frite, and mussels.

From there we scooted back towards downtown proper for a few cocktails in the bar at Rivue. We got a nice raised table by the window and enjoyed HUGE martinis while watching the storm. The lightning was beautiful from that high up, and there was a rather busting scene there considering it was after 10:00.

From there we headed to Proof to end the night. I was worn by then, and so slowly sipped a beer while trying to keep myself from falling asleep at the bar.

All in all, an excellent night spent enjoying all the great local places downtown has to offer.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown