Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Breakfast at Proof on Main

no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Breakfast at Proof on Main

by Ellen P » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:23 am

We have a gift certificate from Proof. We had decided to use it for weekend breakfasts instead of one expensive meal. It's hard for us to pay $100 plus for a restaurant meal - principle, not necessarily financial issue.
Anyway, $39 plus tip for breakfast for 2. Mike had 2 eggs, sausage, toast, and grits. I had the Proof Benedict and a scone. The server was surprised that we were local and wondered why more people didn't dine there. The cost would be my thought :D I think of Wild Eggs and the huge portions for half the price.
Excellent ingredients. Service alright.
no avatar
User

Joseph M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Breakfast at Proof on Main

by Joseph M » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:40 am

I've been once, and I certainly agree with you about the price to serving portion ratio, but I suppose they're catering to a different crowd, as well. I had the Proof Benedict, and it was one of the best breakfast dishes I can remember having. The crispy grit cakes as the carbohydrate base--rather than english muffins--were a very creative twist on the norm.

Of course, I don't remember having to pay quite $20 for my bill, so maybe they've raised the prices since I've visited.