Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

AWSOME DINNER AT VOLARE

no avatar
User

Clay Wallace

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:27 pm

louisville

AWSOME DINNER AT VOLARE

by Clay Wallace » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:18 pm

went to Volare last night for dinner with my wife and it was really amazing. We started with the special app, which was squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese and rock shrimp...amazing. Then we had scallops with crispy prosciutto and sweet pea puree with truffle oil. Next was the eggplant and ricotta app, simply but so delicious. We also had the brushetta with oyster mushrooms and goat cheese, also amazing. Chef sent us out a small a salad with fried goat cheese and bibb lettuce that was the perfect palate cleanser. You would think after all that we left, but no, we had entres' as well. I had the Pappardelle Bosciaola, pasta with bacon and cream, enough said. Steph had the special, Filet Oscar with aspargus. We had so much she only could eat like 2 bites, but took it to work with her so I'll have to report back on that later!! Also we took home dessert that was also amazing. Tiramisu and the special, both not all the way eaten yet, only because I was so full!! Just want to thank Josh and the staff, the service was equal to the food and it truly was a awsome dinner. I think after eating there may 6 or 8 times it official, Volare is my favorite place in the ville right now!
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: AWSOME DINNER AT VOLARE

by Robin F. » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:09 pm

We love it there. And it has the cool, not quite in Louisville but still familiar, clubby vibe.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 pm

By far our favorite Italian restaurant in the city. It's in our top 4 or 5 for any catagory.
no avatar
User

David Smillie

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:42 pm

by David Smillie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:21 pm

always loved Volare, did you know there's going to be a wine dinner there on Tuesday the 29th. Wente wines will be featured along with a five (but closer to eight) course dinner with five different wines.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Thank you, David, for the heads about the wine dinner at Volare on Wednesday, July 29th. I just called and made my reservation. They will be sending me the complete menu via email. I will post it when I get it, but it sounded divine. I was told that they are approaching a sellout, so for those thinking about it, make up your mind soon! The price is $70 plus tax and gratuity.

Volare has been my favorite restaurant ever since Majid took charge. However, I still sorely miss their Sunday brunch. May it someday return.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:53 am

This is our no. 1 place, too. It replaces the Casa Grisanti hole in my heart. (Some true loves never die). Magid has done a wonderful job. Great food with outstanding service in a lovely atmosphere. What more could we ask?
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.