Home | List of Restaurants | Restaurant Sites | About Us | Contact Us

Louisville Restaurants Forum

Skip to content

New Albanian Brewhouse Bad Experience

Welcome to the interactive Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Re: New Albanian Brewhouse Bad Experience

Postby J Dylan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:45 am

Then in a BraveHeart-Like moment, I declared, "Just cancel my f-ing order, I'll go to Rally's (which was closed, meaning I went to bed starving).

"Ramsis is terrible, you say? Please tell us what makes you say that, if you want to slam a quality establishment."............I was being non-specific on purpose to not overly slam them. But if you want the specifics, then fine.........."Jamacian Chicken".........Dry does not begin to describe this dish. You can't go to Kroger and buy "Jamacian" rub or "Jamacian" Marinade and have a Jamacian dish. This made BW-3s Jamacian Wings actually taste Jamacian. "Ribs of the Caribbean"......My 12 hour smoked ribs demand I refer to this dish as aweful. "Tortellini Graceilla"..This was so bad, I can't really criticize it because I can't figure out what it was trying to be.

"JDylan, well, I was going to respond, based on what you said here, but the further I read, I just lost even more respect for you"...No problem, but ""lost even more respect for you" without discussing this privitely with me means you lost my business and my business' (we really need spellcheck) business which most likely means nothing to you right now. When you compare August to July on your books and see what business is missing, you will have a better explanation. The pre-Churchill crowd will be non-existent.
Last edited by J Dylan on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
J Dylan
In Time Out Room

Postby Alan H » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 am

J Dylan wrote:"My drunken was based upon some weird place called the Rustin Frog, unattractive strippers and an arguement with the White Castle attendent about why I couldn't get Jalapeono Cheese on the Double Cheeseburger special.

Damn!!! The cats out of the bag, you just described my Monday night getaways :shock:

Anyway, isn't the Rustin Frog that bar on the way to the boat in Indiana ?
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Alan H
Foodie

Postby J Dylan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:09 am

by Rustin, I mean Rustic.

Allegedly....

................I am not admitting I went there.
J Dylan
In Time Out Room

Postby Mike M » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:50 am

J Dylan wrote:"Tempting. Oh, so tempting. But then, if I let it stand, it shows my respect for forumites, residing in my assumption that readers are smart enough to consider both sides and draw their own conclusions."
..................Another example of why Robin does a great job running this forum. My advertising dollars/review angles came across as much more targeted approach to Robin as intended. The basis of my arguement does have merit, but my words came across as "Robin is biased" instead of a discussion of possible alteriar (not even close to the correct spelling) motives. George W. Bush was an "Oil Man" and then made decisions to help fellow "Oil Men". This is what I was feeling, which probally makes no sense to anyone but me. Robin, please sell more advertising to restaurants so you can add a spell check to this.....I feel really insecure by my drunk spelling at the current moment.

"You make wild claims, like "unhealthy love of local proprietors." But you fail to say exactly why it is unhealthy to love your local proprietors. I feel it is extremely healthy. Both for personal connection reasons (we see and know and hang out with these people in real life), and for economic reasons (the money stays in our local economy, rather than shooting off to distant corporate HQ)."

Ford is an American Company but has factories in Mexico; Toyota is a Japense company that has a factory in Georgetown, Kentucky.

"J Dylan's reference to a post being a drunken mistake (which sounded like the Mojito's being sold to O'Charley's".......................My drunken was based upon some weird place called the Rustic Frog, unattractive strippers and an arguement with the White Castle attendent about why I couldn't get Jalapeono Cheese on the Double Cheeseburger special.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

sorry but I felt a movie quote was in order here :P
Mike M
Foodie

Postby Mike M » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 am

I can never get the quote, highlight thing to work...little help Robin?
Mike M
Foodie

Postby Robin Garr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:25 am

Mike M wrote:I can never get the quote, highlight thing to work...little help Robin?

Mike, I'm over at Oxmoor Toyota this morning on wifi on my portable. I'll look into this when I get back to the Mondo Computer at the office, okay?
Robin Garr
Forum host

Postby David O. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 am

Gosh, Roger, you couldn't buy better advertising than this. It's good stuff.

I'm more of a food and WINE person, but, I'm headed to Bank Street to experience what your concept is all about.

See you soon.
David O.
David O.
Foodie

Postby Robin Garr » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31 am

Mike M wrote:I can never get the quote, highlight thing to work...little help Robin?

Mike, for some reason, the option "Enable BBCode" had become set to "off" in your User Control Panel. I re-clicked it for you, and with any luck, this problem won't trouble you again.
Robin Garr
Forum host

Postby Stephen D » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Marsha L. wrote:
Stephen D wrote:My personal service style has never relied on my attractiveness. I'm not good-looking, so I rely on knowledge to enhance the meal.

Well, I have to take issue with this poster. How dare you post such a blatant lie, with that jawline to die for? 8)

Flattery will get you everywhere!

Can I wash your windows or polish your silverware?

:lol:
Instructor/Placement Director-Kentucky School of Bartending
Bartender-Bistro 1860
Mixologist, Chef- http://bourbonblog.com
Stephen D
Foodie

Postby Mike M » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

Mike, for some reason, the option "Enable BBCode" had become set to "off" in your User Control Panel. I re-clicked it for you, and with any luck, this problem won't trouble you again.

thank you sir
Mike M
Foodie

Postby Nimbus Couzin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

I would like to apologize to JDlylan for the comments I made. I said something like I lost all respect for him while reading his post.

While I don't agree with some of his comments, and I feel he was excessively harsh with his treatment of two establishments I like, he still has a right to his own opinion...and I respect that....

With respect, Cheers....
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
Nimbus Couzin
Foodie

Previous

Return to Louisville Restaurants Forum