Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Food at the Bats game

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Food at the Bats game

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:11 am

Todd Pharris wrote:I was VERY disappointed to learn that the as-yet-unnamed downtown arena has already chosen Centerplate as their vendor. Why? Why spend all that money on what looks like will be a first class venue and then have Centerplate ruin it with their crappy food? I just don't get it.

Moneymoneymoney. It betrays a commitment by the arena people, as with the Bats, to place maximum profit ahead of fan enjoyment.

For what it's worth, one of the big NYC venues - new Yankee Stadium or Mets Stadium, I believe, dropped Centerplate as their vendor for this season.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:12 am

Karen H wrote:Well I guess I will have to try the pork chop sandwich next time. I do love the ones at the Pork Producers stand at the fairgrounds so if they are better then that should be a good choice for me. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not sure if they're better, Karen. They're variable, sometimes dry and leathery, sometimes juicy and delicious. Sometimes hot, sometimes room temperature. Served on a cheap bun. But it's always a very large, boneless pork chop, and that's not a bad thing.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am

Todd Pharris wrote:I read it here:http://www.louisville.com/content/louisvilles-new-downtown-arena-missed-opportunity-local-concessions

It was in the news, Todd, and mentioned negatively in the forum, when the arena design was unveiled in 2007.
Centerplate at arena
Previous