Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

Team In Training Bourbon Dinner at Bourbon's Bistro

by Jeremy J » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi everyone!
As many of you know, I am fundraising this fall for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program to benefit Leukemia and blood cancer research and treatment.

As someone with a passion for food, wine and spirits, I've been trying to co-ordinate with local restaurants to create fundraising opportunities that are both advantageous for TNT and fun for those who participate. My first foray in this direction is going to be a bourbon dinner/tasting at Bourbon's Bistro on Tuesday, August 4th. We have also partnered with Southern Wine and Spirits , who will graciously be providing the bourbon for this event.

The cost will be $65 a person (plus tax and gratuity) for a multi-course meal and bourbon tasting with the bulk of that money going to charity. Samples of several bourbons will be offered for this event, but drinks will be not included in the price (cash bar). I will be serving, and seating is limited to the first 20 people who sign up via hotbytes or the restaurant. The bourbons are TBD, but I will announce them as soon as I finalize details with Southern; the menu will be as follows:

Amuse Bouche:
Rock Shrimp and Avocado Seviche with Roasted Eggplant Sauce

1st Course, your choice of:
  • Chilled Amish Melon and Mint Soup
    or
  • Pan Seared Crab Cake with Lemon Ginger Aioli
    or
  • Mixed Green Salad tossed with Heirloom Tomatoes, Smoked Bacon and Fresh Goat Cheese in a Rosted Poblano Vinaigrette

2nd Course, your choice of:
  • Pan Seared Ruby Red Trout topped with a Roasted Peach and Coconut Broth, atop Buttered Orzo and Broccoli
    or
  • Seared Flat Iron Steak with Roasted Wild Mushrooms and a Maple Bacon Veal Reduction, served with Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus

3rd Course:
New York Style Cheesecake with Strawberries and a Gran Marinier Sauce

I'm getting hungry just reading it! I really hope to see a lot of you there, please PM or email me with any questions!

-Jeremy
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Team In Training Bourbon Dinner at Bourbon's Bistro

by Jeremy J » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Tuesday is getting closer...just wanted to bump this up there!
Thanks!